tall girl problems

Options
So I'm 5"10. I'm 160. M heaviest was 175. I love being tall. I wear high heels and don't give a care in the world. but everyone has those days when your out and are just in a funk. Alllll of my friends are short and petite. I can't help but feel overweight around them even though i know i'm not. anyone else going through this??

Replies

• mrsjatodd
    mrsjatodd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeah! I'm 5'11 and 194 lbs. My heaviest was 231. My best friend is about 5'5 and 140 lbs...Imagine that!! It's tough but I've accepted my stature and I feel proud that heads turn when I walk into a room. I command attention :-)
    But, I am definitely determined to be a healthy weight. My goal is 170. Being skinny is not appealing to me.
  • jasminecoco
    jasminecoco Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Think this way, you can change your weight but your height is permanent.
    I'd rather be tall and heavy, and lose some weight and be a model.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    im the same. im 5'11 and tower over the rest of my friends.
    sometimes i feel self conscious about my height around them. so i know exactly how you feel hun.
    its all about confidence at the end of the day.
    you are who you are, you'll never be able to change your height and therefore shouldnt sacrifice things you love wearing such as heels, just because you'll be the tallest person in the room. At the end of the day your only opinion of yourself matters, and the same should be for everyone else.
    embrace your height and who you are
    :smile:
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It sucks when a size 12 is seen as huge to most people but when you're 6ft tall you can be the perfect weight and wear a size 12. You gotta admit though its kinda cool when your short friends guess you're weight and its WAY lower than reality becasue they don't understand how much weight an extra 12 inches adds.

What gets me down is being a beast, an amazon, huge, and not because I'm overweight but just because I'm a bigger person. I'll never be dainty or petite. I'm not huge I'm proportionate!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5"10, and I do know what you mean. I used to feel like that next to petite women, and all of my friends are shorter than me. But now I've learnt to love it. I can eat more because I'm taller, I have nice, long legs, and I don't have to call the other half to get something off a shelf. :laugh:
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    You know what really sucks about being a tall girl?
    Nothing!

I fixed this thread for everyone. (I am not a tall or a girl, carry on)
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Be tall and be proud! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and all the women I work with are 5'1'' or 5'2''. I decided to screw it and wore 4 inch heels to work because I was already the super tall one anyway.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    5'10 here. I figure we should unite and take over the world. Just a thought.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and all the women I work with are 5'1'' or 5'2''. I decided to screw it and wore 4 inch heels to work because I was already the super tall one anyway.

Me too!

I'm not super tall, but I'm not afraid to be. If you have long legs, skirts and heels should be your best friends!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Or form an excellent basketball team?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    5'10" 150LBS You are the ideal weight for your height. I remember being that size, and I looked awesome.

ETA And I LOVE being eye-to-eye with men. It's a lot harder for them to look down on me for being a woman (I live in the South, and they can still be a bit backwards in their thinking about gender roles. Especially country folks.)
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i am 5'10 and have the same issue where all my friends are shorter than me. who cares though? be tall and proud!

my heaviest was 178 - i am currently at 154 and feeling much better about myself. and nobody would believe me when i told them i was 178 because people think that sounds like a lot but with that extra height, the extra weight is automatically there.

we all carry weight in different spots so if you feel good about yourself, don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!

i don't wear heels because they are just too uncomfortable for me.
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", and my height used to bother me, especially in high school, but now I totally love it!! So embrace it, it's a beautiful thing :)
  • Bluskyleilu
    Options
    Let's all get together for a night out on the town! We can tower over all the peoples and have a great time! That would be very fun. . . . tall and proud (though it has taken years to love my stature). . . .
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 5-9.5 and I love being tall. I would never want to be a shortie. NEVER. Be glad you are tall!

I also wear size 10-11 shoes, and I'm good with that, too.

Be happy with who you are!

ETA: I don't wear heels, at least not very high ones, not because of my height, but because I HATE wearing heels, they are SOOO uncomfortable. I wear comfortable flats and low heels and I am happy with that. High heels IMO are a curse on women. :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Or form an excellent basketball team?

Probably not a good idea. I lack the coordination it requires. I'm more of a tennis kind of girl. :laugh:
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    5' 10 here.......l go through phases of loving to wear my 6 inch heels, towering above everyone and catching everyone's eye to hiding myself in flats and wishing I was smaller in every way......the only good thing is people never think I am as big as I am because I am so tall......if only they knew!! :wink:
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I also found that all of my shorter friends, wished they had my height.
    guess we all want what others have,
    which shouldnt be how it is!
    embrace your height! :)
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I love being tall. The longer the arms, the more I can keep away from the shorties.