tall girl problems

Options

Replies

• beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love being tall. The longer the arms, the more I can keep away from the shorties.

Ha, ha, do any of you remember that song from the 70s, "Short people."

"Short people got no one to talk to...." etc.

Very derogatory about short people, but kind of funny .... if you're tall that is.

:)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I hated my height when younger...now I strap on those 4" heels and move along. Bump what others think.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    5'10 here. I figure we should unite and take over the world. Just a thought.

Or form an excellent basketball team?

Probably not a good idea. I lack the coordination it requires. I'm more of a tennis kind of girl. :laugh:

Well we could make an epic team for something! Just on the awesomeness of so many tall girls in one place.
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    It's like I died and went to amazon heaven.... :love:
  • LauraCarlson86
    Options
    Totally feel your pain!!!

6'0'' here BUT learning to keep up my confidence and just own it :)
  • wumba84
    wumba84 Posts: 14
    Options
    I've always found tall women to be very attractive :D
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've always found tall women to be very attractive :D

Me too. So much so, I married one.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    shoot, my only complaint is not always finding pants that are long enough. I also hate shopping online for them, I got to feel it on me...

short rant done :happy:
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    shoot, my only complaint is not always finding pants that are long enough. I also hate shopping online for them, I got to feel it on me...

This is my only complaint too! I'm 5'10 and I have one company I can get jeans from that I actually like.

It's quite ironic that my best friend is 5' and has to have everything taken up.:laugh:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I actually quite like Old navy for online, you can try things on in store and then order what you want online (way more selection) so you know their sizing. And they sell the tall line which makes me happy. And if you spend over 50 it's free shipping. More happiness! And they're really fast for shipping, like 2-4 business days. Even more happy. AND you can do returns in store. SO MUCH HAPPY.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • k8briseno
    k8briseno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I don't feel "fat" around other women who are shorter and of smaller stature but I do feel big. Like, manly. I'm not manly at all. I'm very curvy but I have always felt big even though I'm really not big. I don't like to wear heels because it makes me feel even bigger. My husband always asks me to wear heels and has no issue of me being his height with them on, so I have that going for me, ha ha! People think I'm a bigger size than I am and that doesn't help. I still have about 15 lbs to go before I am at my goal weight but I know I will never be a petite woman. Hopefully someday I will be able to come to terms with this. I am lucky enough to have a best friend who is my height, but she has a smaller stature. I could never be her size, my hips are too wide!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Here here. It's all part of the age old self esteem girl issue "I have to look like THAT to be acceptably pretty". And it's all a myth. There are many ways to beautiful. You sound like you've got a good weight for height without being a coat rack :) .... see I did it there, I insulted skinny chicks and that's a double standard! You don't have to fit a certain mold. You sound healthy. You look pretty. Know it.

Everyday I practice telling my amazonian self that I am beautiful, even if my legs don't fit perfectly in the confines of the bus seat.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Totally feel your pain!!!

6'0'' here BUT learning to keep up my confidence and just own it :)
    I like that. "Own it".
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Find taller friends? I'm 5'9". My two best friends in college were 5'10" and 5'11", plus I had another female friend who was 6'6". I rarely think of myself as "tall" anymore.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OP, I would kill (almost literally! lol) be 160. I'm 5'10 and.....much more than that. Rock your heels, who cares! You are definitely not fat, you're fabulous.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options

This is my only complaint too! I'm 5'10 and I have one company I can get jeans from that I actually like.

It's quite ironic that my best friend is 5' and has to have everything taken up.:laugh:

oh the irony lol
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5'10 here. My husband is 5 inches shorter than me. In high school I towered over all my petite shorty friends. It doesn't bother me anymore, but I got bad posture from always slumping over or hunching down, which was stupid, because I was still taller than my friends. It's ok, these days I just tease all the shortys around me when they need my help getting things on the top shelf, or screwing in lightbulbs, etc., and my kids are tall, which makes me happy :)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    nope... cause I got a "Merry Christmas, will you look at that" as I walked down the street in the city today. I have no problem being a tall, sexy girl.
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I hate how everyone looks at you like you're some huge monster when you walk around in heels. My biggest inspirations are Miranda Kerr and Adriana Lima who always walk around in public in 4-5inch heels. If they can do it, I totally can LOL. if you hang out with all your tall friends in public, you get all the attention. not bad! :)