Yoga challenge

Options
...or just yoga?

Hey guys! I'm really interested in getting into yoga . Here are a few of my first practice poses. I have neer done yoga before and am hardly flexible so this will definitely be a challenge for me, but I'm looking to strengthen my core muscles and some butt muscles. If anyone has any tips, pics, or would like to join me feel free! There's not a specific challenge I've joined. Just want to get better at yoga and balancing. Particularly would like to do a handstand an also the splits. My legs will never go straight! Working to change that!

image_zps7f45ec26.jpg

image_zps81b6080b.jpg

Replies

• autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    image_zps7f45ec26.jpg
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    image_zps7f45ec26.jpg
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    I can't seem to view those poses. But I can tell you Yoga is always worth it as an investment. It has health benefits that reach well beyond the goals you've set.
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    image_zps7f45ec26.jpg
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    I cannot get it to work and its driving me crazy!!! I've never had this happen before. >:lll
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, yoga is so so much more than just exercise. It's a mindset and definetely changes your life for the better. I would start going to classes and keep going until you find a teacher you like (some teachers are better than others).

Yoga has changed my life!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    There's a yoga group on MFP that's open to everyone:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1484-generic-yoga-group

Good luck with your challenge.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of those poses. :happy:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start yoga. What in your opinion is the best yoga video for beginners? I do have the P90X YogaX video but that *kitten* is extreme as hell. I nearly killed myself.

Let me know. Or don't.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start yoga. What in your opinion is the best yoga video for beginners? I do have the P90X YogaX video but that *kitten* is extreme as hell. I nearly killed myself.

Let me know. Or don't.

I love the Bryan Kest and the Bob Harper DVDs.
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Thank you! I alway get on MFP on y phone and can ne'er find those "group" forums. I will look tonight on my computer. Thanks for the link!
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Lol @ headofphat you made me laugh out loud! Be nice! I couldn't get my stinkin pictures to work!! :)