Looking for a Support System

Options
RejsGirl
RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
Hi,
My name is Lyn and I have been on MFP before, but wasn't successful. This time I am feeling confident and strong about my ability to finally lose weight and reach my goals. For 2 weeks I have been logging my food and my exercise and I have lost 9 lbs., I'm on my way! I am 5'1 and as of now weigh 219. I'd like to weigh between 131 and 126 lbs so I have about 90 lbs. to go. I would love to find an active support system here since I feel like I'm on this site more than not!
Thanks!

Replies

• msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just recently cam back to MFP last week. Did well before. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more the merrier.
    And congrats on the weight loss
  • Kimistry_
    Kimistry_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I just rejoined as well and am looking for support. I too want to be between 120-130, and have a ways to go still! Feel free to add me if you'd like and we can motivate each other!
  • lindsaypowell
    lindsaypowell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using this app on and off for a few years. When I stick to it, it does great thing for me!

Looking to get ready for summer and get rid of some extra 'winter weight'.

I have two boys, the oldest is just over two and I am still nursing my 9 month old son as well. Could use some advice on the best way to log that.
  • sonivmartin
    sonivmartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are all in the same boat. I was on...then stopped logging and exercising...now back on. Would love to add as I'm looking to lose about 30-40 lbs
  • bekka0404
    Options
    Hi Lyn, and everyone on the board. I am on day two, and very determined to make this work. I am 5' 7" and hanging my head in shame (I've never said this out loud...nor typed it) but weigh 252 lbs. I've got a long road ahead of me, and I don't want to just lose weight but get healthy, learn to eat healthy and make the lifestyle change. Instead of trying this on my own I am going to try to make all the connections here I can, and hopefully we can motivate each other.

I am still learning my way around the site, reading and soaking up everything I can. I was in weight watchers about 14 years ago and did really well. I am hoping I can do well here. The hardest parts for me is always the end of the day, night time snacking, and getting off my butt to exercise.

Anyway, good luck to you. You can do this, we all can!!

Becca
  • Lovethepixies
    Options
    Hello, I am 5 1" as well and similar age (41). I lost about 16 lbs between nov-feb. now my goal is to lose 15 lbs, I began last week. I know for my height I should lose more but I have to think of it in little chunks or I get overwhelmed. I am looking for support as well.
  • Lovethepixies
    Options
    @lindsaypowell. I think you can go into settings and change your calories to a higher percentage. Way to go on nursing...I nursed my twins for two years....one of the coolest things I have ever had the privilege of doing!