Support for the Hard Work Ahead!

Options
Hello all!

My name is Melinda and I have returned to this app and site. I was here a while back and ended up just letting the account sit and get dusty. But, I need to loose weight (about 75 pounds) and would love some support from this community. I live in Moreno Valley, CA which is in Riverside County and would love to even get involved with people in the same area. You can comment here or send me a message if you would like. I would also be interested in messaging with others to give and get support.
Let's loose some weight and get healthy!

Replies

• goodeenuf
    Options
    Hello, My name is Andrean
    I'm still learning how to use this site. I have tried just about everything there is towards weight lost so this is my next breakthough.
    Not much support on my neck of the woods. I have always been the one to support others not the other way around. I will have to admit it is a hard job to focus on the one thing I have not done...Me. I'm new to New Jersey and trying to make this home.
    I'm unhealthy and I know it. So I'm starting right here.
  • kriation
    kriation Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I commend both of you for taking on your health. Both of you clearly value what it means to you, and desire to take back control of it. My only advice is to take it one step at a time.

If you think adjusting your daily intake is easier, then start there. If you think going for a walk every day, or incorporating a type of physical activity to your daily routine, then start there.

I have to keep reminding myself that the weight I gained didn't happen in one day, and unfortunately, its loss won't either. I've learned to take gradual steps to improve my health, and I imagine that if you do as well, you'll notice a change in your overall health before you know it.
  • sbox11
    sbox11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm from Texas, and although I'm not in your area, I would be happy to offer the support you need. I'm also on a weight loss journey and have to lose about 60 pounds.

I also just started using this site last month (although my account was "dusty" from last year). It's a New Year and time for a new me!

I find reading forums really helps me out. You get all kinds of information and even some interesting challenges! I joined the 21 day challenge yesterday and am starting with Day 1 today. This will help push me to the direction I need to. So read through the forums and find things that will help. Feel free to add me too if you want!