sugar cravings

Options
Do you think I am doing something wrong ? I plan good balanced food plans, eat them...but I get sudden urges to eat sweet things, and I feel so tense till I eat something ! Then that throws off my whole plan and I am defeated. Again ! Does anyone else have strong sugar cravings ? If so how do you handle it ?

Replies

• caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would like to see your diary.
    When I want sugar I eat blackberries.
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bananas, apples, tomatoes etc etc, all have sugar. Currently bananas are my sweet thing. I use them in oatmeal instead of sugar. Yummy and filling. I haven't eaten chocolate in about 2 months. I was given 2 squares of choc from a bar yesterday. It made me feel a bit queesy. Strange how quick your body changes for the better.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yes its interesting the things i do not crave anymore.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have a red grapefruit when Im craving sugar. That really helps.
    Why are you cutting it out? If you want some chocolate or whatever, then have it, and just work it into your calorie allowance. That's the good thing about MFP, NOTHING is banned!! lol
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Quest bars.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    For the most part I try to ignore my sugar cravings. If I succumb and have a treat I have a tendency to go into "what else can I have?" mode. That doesn't mean that I don't have sugar. I definitely do. But I tend to have it when I am about to exercise and am feeling a little calorie depleted or a little blah. A great pick up and easy on my digestive system. And exercise ALWAYS takes my sugar cravings away, so I have no fear that one small treat will turn into a binge. When the weather is nice again I may go back to walking to the store for a chocolate bar. Most of the time just walking makes the craving subside and I end up turning around, but the odd time I go for it anyway. I know that the walk home will be enough activity that I am unlikely to want to "keep the party going" when I get home.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? It takes some time for your body to detox and not rely so much on those daily sugar highs.
    take it day by day, and log your sweets. I eat less of them when I feel accountable.
  • BikeDiva13
    BikeDiva13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have stumbled on fresh strawberrries. I rinse and slice fresh strawberries, then add 1 package of equal. That does it for me and that is less that 100 calories! yum yum.