Surviving the Weekend

Options
Is it possible to stay within your calorie goal over weekends or on a night out with friends? Kudos to those who do!

Replies

• kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find myself trying to do more cardio on the weekend just to get a higher calorie burn to off-set my drinking! I try to eat filling but healthy meals during the day to try and help with any "drunk eating" and i stick to light beer (it takes me a while to drink them) or flavored vodka with soda water and a lemon/lime.... before i decide to eat anything i enter the amount of beers into MFP and if I am close to my limit it usually deters me from wanting that pizza..... or at least a second slice.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on this myself. I like the idea of pre-logging the booze calories.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I figure, hey, I don't have to work, so I might as well workout extra! That's usually enough for me to offset extra weekend calories, but I also try to eat light during the day so I can enjoy myself at night.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't put too much reassure on myself on the weekends. I workout and watch what I eat but, always have a few (more then a few sometimes) Light beers one of the weekend days.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sigh...:noway: .... for me, it's almost next to impossible. I did exercise though quite hard on Sunday:smile: This morning when I got on the scale it was the same as Friday's numbers, so that was an accomplishment this weekend. It's so much easier during the week to count calories and stay under my limit.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I definitely try to log accurately but often going out can mean someone orders an appetizer I hadn't considered in my daily allowance or dessert is added. I try not to sweat it but, yes, I have a real challenge when left to my own devices. The week is usually a bit more structured and I am kept to busy to snack around or over indulge.

I try to pre-log and stay busy so I do not snack around.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I actually have the opposite problem lol. I have trouble staying on track during the weekday and have a hard time getting to my calorie goal during the weekend. I think it may be because I am up longer during the weekday. Also, my job can get boring sometimes and I always want to snack during the slow hours lol
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What type of place do you work? I work at a restaurant so slow hours for me are also a horrible "bored so I'm going to eat" type of deal. But if you work in an office setting or somewhere where you actually get a break go for a walk, or at least try and walk to where you will be eating lunch if that's possible! The one good thing I can say about working in a restaurant is at least when its busy I'm probably burning MASS calories!