Running shoes

Options
Anybody know if it means your running shoes are wearing out if they start rubbing your feet raw in places they never have before?

Replies

• Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would think so, I'm sure that can't be comfortable. How long have you had them? Mine are getting bad too, but I really don't want to spend $170 again! ugh
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How old are they?

I'd say get a new pair, it's no fun to have raw feet.

Did you get fitted for running shoes?

If it were me, I'd go to a running shoe store.... ask to be fitted and take your old shoes with you. They store person should be able to take a look at them and see if you are under or over pronating if they can not give you a fit.....and figure out why they are rubbing. Could be many things.... even too thick of socks, or tying your shoes a certain way can make a difference.

Just my 2 cents.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    PS: now is a good time to get running shoes.... ask for last years models...they are usually 1/2 price, if they have any left in your size.
  • HannahMcGeeJL
    Options
    I've actually had the shoes for 4 years but I only started running in them about 6 or 8 months ago. I never really wore them before that. The shoes have just started rubbing in the last week or 2. They've never bothered me before, but I have started running farther recently. Thanks for the tips! I'll have to see what I can do about getting new shoes. I've actually never heard of a running store. I'll have to look it up!
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree, go to the running store. Yes, they cost more, but WOW, do they do wonders!!!! Once I got a good pair of shoes I started enjoying running again.