Not-so-successful story

Options
13»

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    A 20 lb loss is awesome and you should feel successful and celebrate it.
    Karma will catch up to that guy in the car eventually for being mean spirited .. trust me!
    Don't let anyone rain on your parade .. keep at it for yourself and your health. :flowerforyou:
  • hmsteph
    Options
    Be proud of what you have accomplished and understand that you are not alone!

I am 5' 8 and 229 (240) when I started out. Straight up no bs the BMI calculator makes me cry, not as bad as it use to but still its a huge slap in the face for someone even a stupid chart to tell you flat out your obese. I was really angry and ignored it to the point that my body told me it couldn't take anymore (I was diagnosed with a disease that threatens to leave me permanently blind due to being over weight) and even when that happened I was still just ticked but the difference was instead of living in denial and ignoring the weight I said well this is complete S*** but wtf are you going to do to change it??? (I cuss a lot when I get mad :embarassed: )

The point isn't some sob story of mine but that you can do this! and 20 pounds is significant! I know it doesn't seem like a lot when you feel like you have so much more to go but your body will thank you for the progress and I bet you feel a lot better. I know I do and even through all of the lows and frustration you just have to remember that not feeling like crap is way worth the effort and commitment of hanging in there. I know I would take on a grizzly bear if it meant I would never have to feel that bad and unhappy ever again. It is totally worth not just looking better but being HEALTHY and eventually happy with that girl in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!