Newbie to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, I am a 48 year-old woman looking to lose 60 pounds. Three years ago I lost 48 pounds and have since found it and an additional 10. :wink: Anyway, trying to get and stay motivated. On day two and its going well -- haven't cheated yet. I'll be looking around the boards for ideas and support and just wanted to quickly introduce myself and say, "Hi!" :happy:

Replies

• jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can find all kinds of support and advice around here. :smile:
  • nursebobbi1
    nursebobbi1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm closing in on 60 and have started exercising to try to feel better, reduce arthritis pain, and improve my ability to do things like housework and walking Henry, our Lab. I hope weight loss happens, too, but feeling better and being able to do more are my main objectives. I'm a long time vegetarian. My husband has lost about 90 pounds in the past 8 months. Seeing the improvements in his health have been an inspiration.
  • emilydahlman
    Options
    Hi there! I'm kind of a newbie too! I've been tracking my food and exercise for about two and a half weeks and I have lost 10 lbs. I am looking to lose 100. I have been given a diet plan and medication by my doctor because I'm at risk of developing diabetes. I definitely want to avoid that so here I am! The best advice I can give is water, water, water. I used to drink a lot of diet soda and since I have stopped, it has really helped the weight come off! I've heard that diet soda makes you want to eat carbs because your body doesn't know the difference between real and artificial sweeteners, therefore making you want more. Determination is my second piece of advice. Keep your goal at the forefront of your mind. I have discovered all kinds of healthier options that are satisfying, so I don't feel like I'm deprived. I don't keep anything I shouldn't have in my house. Keep healthy options like fruits and veggies near by when you are out! Good luck to you, I know we can do this! :)
  • nursebobbi1
    nursebobbi1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Emily,

Your advice is great! And it sounds like you're off to a good star. My husband's weight loss was also physician directed. He's lost about 90 pounds and is entering maintenance phase. He is no longer pre-diabetic. His blood pressure medication has been reduced by 3/4 and his cholesterol reducing med has been cut in half. His sleep apnea has gone from moderate to mild. He feels better and has more energy. It's been hard work, but he's very happy he did it. I wish you success!

Take care,
    Bobbi
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck , you can do this!!
  • Tinarerice
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Good ideas -- and Sunshine, wow great job
  • iLoveBJ
    iLoveBJ Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started today and am looking to lose about the same amount of weight, (30Kg im from downunder so not used to the lbs yet).

Happy to provide encouragement. Well done for taking the first step.
  • AliciaRobich
    AliciaRobich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a 22 year old University student, currently in my 3rd year. I unfortunately found myself gaining weight when University started, and in the last 3 years I gained about 35 pounds. I would like to go back to at least 120, but it seems to be impossible. Exercising is very hard for me because I find there is not enough time in a day! From school to homework and studying, i find it hard just to find time to eat and relax. I am hoping my fitness pal will help me keep track of my food and hopefully get to my goal weight! Im hoping to fit into my jeans again!
  • AliciaRobich
    AliciaRobich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I am going to try to take your advice and drink more water! :) good luck on your journey!