Salad Recipes and Pasta Dishes? Anyone have some ideas?

Options
Hello everyone,

What do you guys put on your salads?

Also what are some of your favorite healthy pasta dishes?

:)

Replies

• rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to make spinach salads with toasted almonds and orange/grapefruit wedges. All I use to dress it is a little balsamic vinegar.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I make pasta almost everyday bcause I live in Italy. My recipes are: pasta with beans, pasta with tuna and green olives, pasta with mushrooms, pasta with simple tomato sauce, pasta with shrimp, pasta with butter and parmesean cheese, pasta wit zucchini flowers and shrimp, pasta with broccoletti(little broccoli), pasta with clams, pasta with salmon and cream, etc, etc. I have alot. My husband doesn't eat meat, so that's why I didn't include meat pastas. If you're interested in a particular recipe--just let me know.
  • ClamBucket1
    Options
    Hello - I'll put a bed of fresh spinach into a bowl & then throw my hot dinner on top - whether it's grilled chicken, or pasta - it warms up the spinach & eliminates the need for dressing. I'll throw in some cherry tomatoes & kiwi & almost always have 1/2 avocado or orange slices with every meal. Regards!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    our pasta dinners are pretty simple. but we use ground turkey & whole grain pasta. lately we've been using organic sauce too.

if i want to spice it up I add shrimp instead, or turkey sausage... and any of those ways is better baked, just throw some low fat motz on top or some low fat cottage cheese in the mix & you have psuedo lasagna.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Totally in for pasta dishes.

For salads, I like taco salad (ground meat with taco seasoning, avocado, salsa, shredded cheese, beans and rice), smoked salmon with beets and goat cheese, steak with gorgonzola and tomatoes, prosciutto with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, chicken with tomatoes egg and cheese... I pretty much stick to those. Wouldn't mind more recipes. Typically I always have the same red wine vinegar/olive oil/Dijon mustard dressing, except for the taco salad, where I don't bother.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like a basic dark greens/tomato salad base; favorite toppings include roasted beets, broiled chicken or pork, marinated artichoke hearts, sweet peppers, chopped scallions, and black olives. My current favorite dressing is Wish-Bone's raspberry-hazelnut vinaigrette, but I also love the Litehouse Opa! Greek yogurt dressings.
  • tawnmarie333
    tawnmarie333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, one of my favorites is any type of mixed greens with sliced strawberries, walnuts, red onion, feta, with Brianna blush wine vinaigrette dressing. A good chicken salad is diced grilled chicken breast, diced cucumber, green onion, tomatoes. The dressing to pour over chicken mixture is 2 tablespoons olive oil mayo( or plain yogurt), small garlic clove minced, along with whatever herbs you like(chives, parsley,dill, cilantro) add black pepper. You can eat this in a wrap, on a bed of greens and even on angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
  • josimone1980
    Options
    Bump..
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I love making pasta salads. I just cook up some pasta (don't need a lot because there's so much other stuff) grill some chicken and pick whatever is ripe in my garden and throw it in there with some shredded cabbage, romaine lettuce and/or baby spinach. Sometimes I'll throw some beans in there, too, for extra fiber and protein. Maybe just a touch of cheese for flavor. (Dried fruits, nuts and hulled pumpkin or sunflower seeds are good too.) Then just whip up your favorite dressing or find something online that looks good and go for it.

Lately, I've had a lot of tomato pasta salads, because that's the only thing in my garden (besides my herbs, lemons and oranges) that's producing right now. (Southern California) I should have tons of stuff in a couple of months, though!

Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry or low on fresh produce, I'll throw some frozen vegetables into the boiling pasta water about a minute or two before I drain the pasta. Then I rinse and cool and throw it in the salad.
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas:)
  • grdad
    grdad Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pasta with Rapini - skip the cheese to make it healthier, doesn't need it anyways.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/04/pasta-with-garlicky-broccoli-rabe/