Final half stone

Options
Ok done well so far but need some help getting rid of the last few pounds any help appreciated

Replies

• Dressdrive10
    Dressdrive10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm at that point as well.

I have a feeling that it takes a bit of faith and patience. We just have to stick in there eating healthily and keeping fit.

What do you reckon?
  • Angela_clulow
    Angela_clulow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yea I guess the lighter you are the more effort it takes to get the weight off.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us a little background?

Height? Weight? How many calories are you eating? How much weight have you lost? Etc...

Might help to better give you advice on what to do now.
  • Angela_clulow
    Options
    Hi ???? im 5'5 & 118lb my start weight was 133lb & my goal is 112lb. I'm eating 1338 net calories ad that is my bmr & i know i shouldn't go below that. I exercise most days doing 45 - 60 mins circuit training or kettlercise. X
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I've been dealing with the same thing. As of today I have 1.4 lbs to go to hit my goal and it's the hardest thing! I had to change things up quite a bit to get my weight loss moving again but I went through everything, eating way more, eating way less, adjusting my macro's, adjusting my workouts. I finally decided to go right back to the beginning when I first started my journey in terms of the way that I was eating. I am pretty strict and weigh my foods, etc., but I've started juicing again like I used too. That seemed to have done the trick. Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can I ask why your goal is to be underweight?

From a look standpoint, 6 lbs probably won't do much. If anything adding muscle is what will make you more lean and fit. Body composition is what plays a larger role in your look. Just look at the below and look at staci at 120 vs 130. Huge difference.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Same rules as always apply. Eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Angela_clulow
    Options
    I hear you, I've been dealing with the same thing. As of today I have 1.4 lbs to go to hit my goal and it's the hardest thing! I had to change things up quite a bit to get my weight loss moving again but I went through everything, eating way more, eating way less, adjusting my macro's, adjusting my workouts. I finally decided to go right back to the beginning when I first started my journey in terms of the way that I was eating. I am pretty strict and weigh my foods, etc., but I've started juicing again like I used too. That seemed to have done the trick. Good luck!

Firstly well done on your weight loss ???? I'll switch things up a bit, maybe my body has got used to routine.
  • Angela_clulow
    Options

From a look standpoint, 6 lbs probably won't do much. If anything adding muscle is what will make you more lean and fit. Body composition is what plays a larger role in your look. Just look at the below and look at staci at 120 vs 130. Huge difference.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Err my bmi would be 18.6 and the NHS states that anywhere between 18.5 and 24.9
  • psuLemon
    Options

Err my bmi would be 18.6 and the NHS states that anywhere between 18.5 and 24.9

Well the calorie deficit applies. I guess the bigger question is, do you know your current body fat %. BMI is pretty useless as it doesn't look at composition. Also, do you exercise and what is your macronutrient breakout. Honestly, you should be looking at recomposition at the least (eat around maintenance or just shy of it), about 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and concentrating on lifting. This is where you will see the greater gains in terms of look. If you lose 6 lbs and aren't happy still with the look, it's not because of your weight, it's because of your composition is inadequate to support those requirements.
  • Angela_clulow
    Options
    My body fat % is 15 or 22 depending on which calculator i use, my scales also say around 22 so an guessing that's more likely to be accurate. I do alot of circuits with weights and kettlercise
  • psuLemon
    Options
    My body fat % is 15 or 22 depending on which calculator i use, my scales also say around 22 so an guessing that's more likely to be accurate. I do alot of circuits with weights and kettlercise

There is a huge difference between the two. If you are 15% body fat, then you can't lose any more weight, as it would start to affect your periods and more. That is when you get past your essential fats. At 22% you can lose a few more lbs of fat. But honestly, I wouldn't be concerned with weight loss. Set your account to maintenance and concentrate on weights.