help on Calorie Deficit?

Options
my TDEE is a little over 2600
My calories at rest i need to eat is 1250
I exercised and burned 805 calories today
So even without exercise I'm at a deficit of over 1300 calories!
With the exercise im at a deficit of over 2100 calories!
The problem is... I am SO full from dinner! I made a big lunch, a big breakfast, and a big dinner...
And since I used all low calorie and healthy ingredients I have eaten A LOT today. :/

I have eaten 1382 calories today, which is 100 calories over my allotted amount...
But i burned an extra 805... which means my net calories is only at 576 calories! :(

Do I have to eat all those calories back? I have been exercising a lot lately, will I get an injury from mal-nutrition if I continue this way? Should I just eat back half of my calories or all?

feel free to friend request me as well, always open to new friends.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have some ice cream :)

And in the future, just plan better. Work more calories into your other meals during the day if you're going to exercise. Or, have a bowl of ice cream. Works every time.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 2600, even an aggressive cut of 20% puts you at 2,080cal / day. TDEE takes your workout into account, unless it is far above & beyond your normal, but if you have only consumed 1382 then you need anothe 700cal to even hit that NOT including exercise. If you are just following MFP's guidelines, rather than TDEE-%, then you need to eat back your exercise calories - which also works out to about 700cal.
  • alexisbrown2813
    Options
    thank you everyone :) Ill plan to eat back my calories from now on
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Im confused you talk of TDEE and eating exercise calories back????

Okay so you say MFP gave you 1250..you've eaten 1380 and exercise 800 that means your net is 580..eat back enough to get your net to at least 1200...

Then go into your settings and change your weekly weight loss goal to something more reasonable say 1lb a week instead of 2 since you don't have 100lbs to lose. You will see your calories go up....and don't eat back all your exercise calories...MFP is high on their estimates as are exercise machines.
  • alexisbrown2813
    Options
    Im confused you talk of TDEE and eating exercise calories back????

Okay so you say MFP gave you 1250..you've eaten 1380 and exercise 800 that means your net is 580..eat back enough to get your net to at least 1200...

Then go into your settings and change your weekly weight loss goal to something more reasonable say 1lb a week instead of 2 since you don't have 100lbs to lose. You will see your calories go up....and don't eat back all your exercise calories...MFP is high on their estimates as are exercise machines.

I know they over estimate, i use a HRM (chest strap)
  • jbwent
    jbwent Posts: 27
    Options
    Try to keep close to your net calories. I haven't been monitoring mine and after a steady weight loss for weeks I started gaining a few pounds. When I checked the reports today I noticed that the only change in my diet was that the net calories dropped below 1000 calories for a couple of days. I'm already at a 1000 calorie deficit so It must have triggered a starvation mode and caused the weight gain.