would pacing count towards calorie burn

Options
Hello all! I have a question. I mostly have a sit down job. Recently I have been trying to walk more and been adding my walking to my MFP as half my time walked at the lowest "mph" available in the MFP database (which is at 2.0 mph). Sometimes when it is cold and I am bored, I pace in my office for 5 - 10 minutes. I wanted to start doing this 4 - 5 times a night and wondered what everyone thought about adding this into my total walking time. I would only add half the time as I only want to eat back half of my exercise calories. I don't want to be adding more exercise calories to my total and defeating my purpose. This "pacing" would not be my only source of walking during the day, or at least I am going to try to ensure that it isn't. Thanks!

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have a question. I mostly have a sit down job. Recently I have been trying to walk more and been adding my walking to my MFP as half my time walked at the lowest "mph" available in the MFP database (which is at 2.0 mph). Sometimes when it is cold and I am bored, I pace in my office for 5 - 10 minutes. I wanted to start doing this 4 - 5 times a night and wondered what everyone thought about adding this into my total walking time. I would only add half the time as I only want to eat back half of my exercise calories. I don't want to be adding more exercise calories to my total and defeating my purpose. This "pacing" would not be my only source of walking during the day, or at least I am going to try to ensure that it isn't. Thanks!
    I imagine it would be minimal enough that you should probably just consider it a bonus burn. Thats what I would do anyway, I would consider it to make up for days where maybe i burned less than I thought. Wouldn't bother eating any pacing cals back.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    That burn should be accounted for in your daily activity level, not as a separate exercise burn.