Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New and need HELP!!!

Hi all! I am new here! I need as much help as I can get! I am tired of being fat! I hate the way I look and hate all these emotions I have. I am married, we have been together for 6 years. My number one issue is that my husband and I aren't as intimate as we used to be. I feel like I'm not attractive to him anymore. We have only been married 2 years and I feel like we should still be like newlyweds! I cant even tell ya when the last time we did anything! With that being said, I need things to change! I have always been around 160, back in high school I did cheerleading and power lifting so I've got muscle as well. Here I am at 245 now. I would love to get back to 160! I want some sort of diet pills and meal replacement shakes. Does anyone recommend a brand to use? I don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :)

Replies

• jimvic37
    jimvic37 Posts: 25
    I to am new here and I read your post. Main thing I want to tell you is you can't get a pill or shake to change you. You have to change your eating habits period. There is no pill or shake that can out do a poor diet. Us your fitnesspal to help you get your diet under control. Start by eliminating processed foods and only eat real foods. Good basic guidlines are most of your groceries should be picked from teh perimeter of the store and should not come in a package with a label. Meat, vegetables, nuts, seeds along with a little bit of fruit and no added sugar. You'll be amazed how fast thngs can change by just buying the right foods. Also remember it's the little things that add up. In otherwords you may thnk just one cookie or a small soda etc but it's all those little things that add up to where you are now.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    The quickest way to fail at losing weight is to only be open to the quick fix. You can do this, girl, but what it will take is for you to concentrate on eating satiating foods in moderation, preferably fresh, clean, and unprocessed. MFP can help you determine how many calories you need per day in order to lose a reasonable amount of weight. Take it one step at a time so it does not become overwhelming. Start with ridding your cupboard of empty calories like chips, cookies, soda. Get a food scale and begin to weigh and measure what you eat -- and log the calories in your MFP food diary. Make some MFP friends, seek out the many success stories in the community, and be inspired by them. You need to build tools for this journey because what you and I and many other MFPers have is a lifetime problem that will always be a challenge. The proper tools will enable us to meet that challenge -- and it does not involve pills or other quick fixes. THEY DO NOT WORK and, more importantly, they are not good for your health.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Don't waste your money on pills & shakes. You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • I have been working on my eating habits and am eating healthier. I am doing a workout in the am and would like a shake to go along with that workout. I also run in the evening. I didnt mean to make it sound like I was just looking for a miracle pill or anything, just something to help with the process. Great advice you have! :)
  • Jadichick
    Jadichick Posts: 13
    Every fat person has felt like you at some point in their lives, whether they admit it or not. Most of us have tried a "quick fix" and that's just what it is. The weight comes off quickly on these fad diets and goes back on very fast once the diet has stopped.
    Please don't despair and don't feel alone. All fat people have felt alone and unattractive. It's normal what you're going through.
    Take a deep breath and relax. Write down a weeks healthy eating plan. Join a gym. If money is tight then , get a DVD. I highly recommend Zumba for exercise . It is fantastic! You lose weight and tone up. If you go to Zumba website they sell the DVDs . Or if you have an ipad , you can buy a Zumba App for a few dollars or English pounds. A Zumba class with other women is amazing too!
    If you don't like Zumba , pick another exercise. Or go for power walks! I actually think you've done very well in recognising that you have a weight problem and that you want to do something about it . So well done! You've taken the first step to your weight loss journey. Now continue. You have the tools. Just do it! Good luck!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I have been working on my eating habits and am eating healthier.
    Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight.