Hello everyone, I'm new here

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Lexy and I am new to this site but not new to weightloss. I have lost 35 lbs over the past year but still have a lingering 15 pounds that I can't shake. At times I lack motivation... perhaps we can help each other find our motivations :happy:

Replies

• solthebull
    Options
    As much as I used to say that the stuff at stores like GNC is a waste of time, CLA seems to help get over a plateau. I was stuck at 242 when I started using the CLA and now have lost 4 pounds in a week since using it (I started using this website at the same time). It is more like a vitamin instead of some goofy energy pill.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    What is this CLA that you are talking about? I am very interested in this, and being able to lose more than one pound in a few weeks. Please help.
  • lxspollack
    Options
    CLA is a supplement contrived of Linoleic acid which is supposed to help with fat loss and increase lean muscle mass. But like all supplements is to be used with a sensible diet and exercise program.
  • shellbell4
    Options
    CLA is conjugated linolic acid-it is a fat burner. You can get it at any pro-shop or health food store. Make sure it is one with Tonalin. One thing I would like to suggest to get over those plateaus is make sure your diet is "clean," make sure you are staying hydrated, bump up cardio and to me the most important to zap fat is weight training. You don't have to lift heavy,even using your body weight for resistance is great. In the last 3 months, I have dropped my body fat from 22.6% to 18.8%, increased my lean body mass from 84% to 88%,lost 3 pounds and gained a little over a pound of lean muscle. The more lean muscle you have,the more fat you will burn,and the more calories you will burn. Be more concerned with the true measurements of health and fitness (BMI and LBM) than a number on a scale. Best to you!
  • almartinez2
    Options
    Hello all in the weight loss goal. I'm new since yesterday. I'm lookin to really commit myself and get these extra pounds off. I sit at work all day at a desk, so I've got to work out, but I want to do something that I really enjoy too. Any suggestions?