Can someone please just tell me my macros?!

Options
I've changed the numbers so many times I don't even know whats right or wrong anymore, I've been hearing so many different things I don't know what its suppose to be set at at this point! Im 5'6 147 lbs looking to get to 135. I'm only trying to lose .5 lbs a week and my calories are currently set at 1816 according to the "lose it" calculator I used, I'm currently not "exercising" but am on my feet throughout the day chasing my one year old around. Please help before I decide to just say screw it!!

**I didn't mention at first that I'm trying to do the iifym plan

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hello on this site go to my home then goals and then settings and then diet and fitness profile. You put in weight and all others here and it will enter the macros for you. Then go to food diary and they should be there for you for the day. Hope I explained it ok for you. Take care.. Anyway I can help , let me know..
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you're overwhelmed, just use the MFP defaults: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

I treat the protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    general guidelines for someone to preserve muscle and lose fat. ( I mean very general)

10% caloric deficit
    .8g protein per lb of bodyweight
    .25-.3g fat per lb of bodyweight
    rest of calories with carbohydrates

when weight loss stalls drop calories by another 10% or raise cardio don't forget to eat enough fiber and micronutrients
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    40:30:30.

That will work well for just about everyone.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 1800 seems a little high for weight loss. When I was at your stage, I did about 30 minutes of cardio exercise and ate around 1350 calories to lose a .5 lbs. per week. I maintain at 1500 calories with no exercise. The only macro I care about is my protein. I try to make sure I get in at least 100 grams per day. The protein helps a lot with losing weight. You will feel less hungry, you will retain more muscle, among other things.

Just start and keep tweaking until you find the groove that works best for you. It can take time, but it will be worth it.
  • Melissa72187
    Melissa72187 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tried changing my goals by using the recommended setting rather then the custom one and it still gave me 1750 for daily calories. It seems like a lot compared to the 1450 I once did to get where I am now. I am content with slower weight loss at this point but want to make sure I'm doing it right still :)
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    5'6" is my height and when I used fat2fit it told me I would be eating about 1900 to lose weight and sustain, so your goal sounds more than reasonable for a small deficit which will be the best way to keep the weight off.
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This calculator will tell you everything you need to know
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • Melissa72187
    Melissa72187 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    5'6" is my height and when I used fat2fit it told me I would be eating about 1900 to lose weight and sustain, so your goal sounds more than reasonable for a small deficit which will be the best way to keep the weight off.

Alright good to hear that! I usually have at least 100 calories still left at the end of the day but its nice to have the extra to fluctuate without getting off track
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I tried changing my goals by using the recommended setting rather then the custom one and it still gave me 1750 for daily calories. It seems like a lot compared to the 1450 I once did to get where I am now. I am content with slower weight loss at this point but want to make sure I'm doing it right still :)
    Weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. The goal should be to find the maximum number of calories at which you lose weight, not the minimum.

So try 1,750 calories for two weeks, then reevaluate.

Edited to add that you only have 12 lb. to go. (Congratulations!) The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient. (The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.)
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This calculator will tell you everything you need to know
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/