Diet pills and shakes

Options
Looking to find some diet pills and a meal replacement shake. Anyone have any suggestions on brands that actually help? Not looking to spend a fortune.

Replies

• WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't think diet pills do anything, but as far as shakes go I like muscle milk. You get a large container for about 20$.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Honestly, skip the diet pills and replacement shakes/meals. Believe it or not, the BEST way to lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF is to learn new eating habits that you can maintain for a lifetime, not a diet pill or fad diet that can't be sustained.

BTW, if you read the small print on any diet aid, you will find the following statement: For best results, use in conjunction with a calorie-reduced diet and exercise program. Consume 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. Or something like that.

Drinking adequate water, eating at a modest calorie deficit and getting moderate exercise is the key to weight loss, not the magic pill.
  • tsubaki4
    tsubaki4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Perfectly said.
  • sunshine4040
    sunshine4040 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started using GNC Lean 25 protein shake meal replacement. I don't know if it will help me lose weight, but I do know I feel full for a long time after drinking one. I didn't get them to use all of the time, just kind of a once in a while thing.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    May I ask what it is you hope to gain from diet pills and meal replacements that you don't think you would get from good old fashioned diet and exercise?

Most over-the-counter diet pills instruct you to use them in conjunction with a reduced calorie diet and exercise plan, so I'm not too confident that the pills work on their own. As for meal replacements, they work because they force you to eat at a calorie deficit, which you can easily accomplish eating real food.
    But assuming you do reach your goal weight with pills and shakes, you still have to put in the time and effort to build healthy habits and learn how to fuel your body appropriately or you'll end up back where you started. Might as well just put forth the time and effort now and create sustainable habits that you can depend on forever. :smile:
  • bsellersj
    Options
    I am just looking for something to go along with my workouts. I dont eat breakfast, I just cant seem to eat that early. I want a meal replacement shake for in the mornings and some sort of pill to help along side diet and my workouts. I have been working on eating healthier, I am not looking for some miracle pill, just something to go with everything else.
  • bsellersj
    Options
    I should also mention that I am hypoglycemic, so with me not eating in the mornings before I go for my workouts I start feeling really bad. I just figure with a meal replacement it will help with that issue.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Looking to find some diet pills and a meal replacement shake. Anyone have any suggestions on brands that actually help? Not looking to spend a fortune.
    Why? Find out what you need to eat to safely lose weight, crunch the numbers in MFP, and be on your journey to a lifestyle change.

Pills and meal replacement shakes are nothing but quick fixes. Once you start eating normally again, weight generally comes back on.
  • missgamer84
    missgamer84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I say no on the diet pills ( I have taken many different cheap and very expensive ones) and none worked. I do however think taking a protein powder into your routine can help. Its doesn't directly cause weight loss I think, but it does give you the energy to work out more and feel better :) I use Soy Protein *it helps my hair grown too* Nature's Plus Spiru-tein in Chocolate :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    skip the diet pills and just go straight for the amphetamines
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Not understanding here...if you know you're going to feel bad if you don't eat breakfast...but you're willing to eat a "meal replacement".....why not just eat a light breakfast of actual food?
  • BritneyShea08
    Options
    I use Zrii chocolate achieve and GNC Orange Cream Lean 25 , they are the only ones I LOVE! I was not eating breakfast and these fixed it for me. Zrii is $90 for a bag that lasts 30 days and GNC is $35 w/ a membership but they have a buy one get one half off right now. Totally worth it. ***NOTE having a meal replacement shake helped me a ton because I never felt hungry in the mornings, but I WAS thirsty. So a meal replacement shake is packed full of nutrients and protein which will help get your metabolism going in the morning. I say do it!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Did you really just ask about "diet pills and replacement shakes" in this forum?
    Release the Kraken..........and by Kraken, I'm obviously referring to the venom you'll get from everyone who knows better, and by everyone who knows better, I'm obviously referring to those people who have done the research, and by people who have done the research, I'm obviously referring to anybody who has evolved enough to learn to read.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    skip the diet pills and just go straight for the amphetamines

Yeah, if you're going to use pills, go with something fast and effective.

crystal_meth_1.jpg
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good grief judgey judgersteins...I took v3 and lost 25 lbs over about 4 months. Obviously not a crash diet or yo yo or whatever other sh!te the holier dieter then thous are spouting about. It just helped me not think about yummy sugary wonderous junk, which is my addiction. But alas, V3 changed their formula and its crap now. I just started some samples of Purple Tiger ($45.00-ish) and it seems to be helping. Neither of these pills make you jittery or geeked out. Nore do they make you anorexic, they just take a bit of the edge off. Good luck!