frustrated.

Options
So... Ive been doing this for almost a month now... Well MFP. Dieting a little before that.. Lost sixteen pounds so far, people can say they see a difference. I see the scale going down, I can start to see my jeans getting loose. However, I look in the mirror and to me it still looks like Im as heavy as I was when I started. Im going home for Christmas the 21st and just want to look smaller than when I left, which Im about 10 pounds under now, but it just doesn't seem like enough. Im just frustrated. I only have ten days left and it seems like, even though Im eating really healthy and trying to kick my butt at the gym, Im just still frustrated. I will keep going for the mere fact I've worked hard for a month now and don't want to give up yet. And also for the fact if I go back to being my "old" self Im pretty sure I'll be really seriously depressed. Yeah. So. I guess motivation and support is needed.I don't know. Guess I just needed to vent. Sorry if this was a waste of your time.

~nisharae

Replies

• muhshelrambow
    Options
    you can do it girl! sometimes its hard to tell on urself bc u see urself everyday!!! :) keep up all the hard work! its definately paying off!
  • molina76853
    Options
    Don't give up! Hang in there! The best is yet to come!
  • shewolf19
    shewolf19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you may not be able to tell but everyone else will.. People can tell even when i just lost 3 lbs.. they act as if ive lost 10. Sometimes when i look at myself in the mirror i only look directly at the spot i want to be small (my abs) and i dont look at my overall self and thats when i get frustrated. Step back and look at yourself as a whole. theres no way you look the same!
  • ktgirl20
    ktgirl20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    16 pounds in one month is really good! Don't be so hard on yourself! You're on the right track- wait till the summer, you'll look great. Then you can plan a 4th of July party and invite all your relatives. Hang in there. :happy:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hey, cheer up. i better you feel better though since you are exercising and eating right. Losing a lot of weight takes time.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    congrats on the wt you have lost.i`m sure your family will notice.Sometimes,we are selves can`t tell.Don`t give up.You`re doing an awesome job!!jane
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    thanks guys :D. It really means a lot to have people support you when you need it.... :D REALLY.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    16 lbs. in one month is a lot. It took me about 5 mo. to lose that much, and then I ended up gaining most of it back. Since then, I've lost nothing, and I work hard at it every day. I've had medical tests done, I've hired a trainer, I've seen a doctor, I've upped my workouts, I've had my diet looked over by professionals, and I am still at a standstill. I feel your pain. But look at what you have already accomplished. Don't keep focusing on what you haven't done, otherwise you'll never be satisfied. I try to tell myself that every day, though it is getting harder and harder since my successes are growing stale. Keep the faith!
  • JediMom
    Options
    16 lbs is so awesome. please don't give up. that is great result and of course you know what they say "how long did it take you to gain the weight?"!! i know i hate hearing that when i want to lose 20 lbs in one month also! ha, ha. But it's true. you ROCK! thanks for inspiring me.
  • LindsayAlexandra
    Options
    I know what you mean. It is really hard to see even ten pounds, because you slowly see the changes every day and cant tell the difference, its very common. Think about it. You lose ten pounds over lets say, four months, well through those 120 days, youve only seen your progression in tiny amounts, even though to other people who dont see you most the day, it is. Trust me, when you and I work down to where we want to be, we will notice, it really does take that first 30 - 40 to notice, I have been up and down my whole life.