Looking for some heathen weight loss buddies. :)

Options
Hi,

My name is Kara, I'm 36 and have a long, long journey ahead of me. Over 150 pounds to lose, but I feel like this is it! I'm looking forward to be on this journey with more like minded to people who turn to science and their hard work and effort in order to accomplish their goals.

Please add me. :)

Replies

• TannyLee99
    TannyLee99 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Kara I'm Tamara welcome you're going to do amazing if you ever need a chat just send a message my way :D

59452342.png
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hold the Heathen hammer high! Adding you, love.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

TOPIC: Looking for some heathen weight loss buddies. :)

Huge props for the thread title.

Copy-of-awesome.jpeg
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Always ready to hook up with some heathens! Lets rock the wicked journey!
  • Kara_Lisa
    Kara_Lisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Always ready to hook up with some heathens! Lets rock the wicked journey!

We're such a threat...what, with all those low cal babies on our food diaries.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Do coconut m&ms count as babies? Because if so, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: .
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara, I think you'll do well here. Science is the name of the game! It's all a numbers game, and having blind faith in miracle pills does nobody good!

Friend me if you need friends!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the troublesome type. heathen, not the sciency type heathen. I do both quite well, if you are okay with a fellow heathen who doesn't keep clear lines :laugh: .
  • aliasbee
    aliasbee Posts: 27
    Options
    If you want some interesting weight loss science check out the hackers diet. It's a free resource and I've been using it along with MFP and lost about 50ish lbs so far. ( https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/ )

I try to avoid any diet fads, rumors, or advice that doesn't have scientific backing or at the very least is maybe just fun to try.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Intro Win.

Two thumbs up.
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Science FTW! The trick is keeping the will power aligned with it. Sending FR.
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a heathen and a pagan and I hang with biologists and read primary literature. If that will do, I'm game!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love this.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    If you want some interesting weight loss science check out the hackers diet. It's a free resource and I've been using it along with MFP and lost about 50ish lbs so far. ( https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/ )

I try to avoid any diet fads, rumors, or advice that doesn't have scientific backing or at the very least is maybe just fun to try.

+1 for this suggestion. Love and hate that graph that really points out when I'm not minding my intake properly.

Welcome from another heathen.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    Request sent.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints - the sinners have much more fun.
  • Kara_Lisa
    Options

+1 for this suggestion. Love and hate that graph that really points out when I'm not minding my intake properly.

Welcome from another heathen.

Can't wait to check out this science, and get to know all my sinful friends. :) Also...AMAZING weight loss!!
  • Kara_Lisa
    Options
    Have a FB group for those looking for some heathen MFP togetherness. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/433946350074168/