30 Day Shred

Hey Everyone! I've just started the 30 day shred and would really appreciate some help..I'm new around here..Thank you! =)

Replies

• Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Hi there! Tomorrow I start level 3! Congrats on starting the 30 day shred! It is a great challenge!
  • Hi Demi! Good luck with it, it's a great workout.

Just go at your own pace. Don't be afraid to use lighter weights or a small range of movement. You can always build up later.

Most of all, have fun!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I keep starting it and wussing out. :tongue:
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    I've almost finished it and am moving onto ripped in 30 next - have had such good results from it. Feel free to add me for motivation :)
  • jennalouise27
    jennalouise27 Posts: 12 Member
    Did day 1, level 1 yesterday! Feel free to add me so that we can motivate each other hun... :)
  • knickersb1
    knickersb1 Posts: 222
    Today is level 2 day 2 for me :)
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    I myself am on level 1. It is a great workout, but I keep starting and stopping it.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Hi I'm on Level 2, everyone seems to say it's a really good workout, so thought I'd try it. Last week I lost 1.5lbs, but I seem to be toning up nicely especially on my arms and legs, which is good as I have a beach holiday planned for Easter. Good luck keep going it's hard work but it obviously brings the results!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    I am on my 2nd round and tomorrow I am starting Level 3.

Ladies, if you ever stop, think of it as a rest. Just continue the following day. The body needs a rest and so is the mind - thinking it is hard, haha!

Add me as SHRED buddy you want to! I am Jillianholic!
  • jlg3797
    jlg3797 Posts: 9 Member
    I only do it about 3x a week but find it has helped with getting stronger, even though I'm not doing it everyday. I have more energy and have really enjoyed being able to move up in the workouts and notice progress. Good luck!
  • daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Today is my 5th day on Level 1 - sometimes I have to take a day off here and there from my workouts when I am traveling, but my goal is to do at least 5 workouts a week. I love 30 DS, did it once before and saw great results. Feel free to add me!
  • sssuperkate
    sssuperkate Posts: 1 Member
    I just started yesterday! :)
  • Yesterday I did Level 2 of 30DS for the first time since last May. I forgot how hard it is! Nearly killed me, but I did it!

No DOMS (yet) today. Fingers crossed.

And is it just me, or are those walking pressups at the start of Level 2 actually easier than the continual pressups from Level 1?!
  • vix89uk
    vix89uk Posts: 1
    I am now on day five of level two (day six tomorrow) I enjoy level two a heck of a lot more than level one. By this point I was bored of it, but level two I actually like! The twenty minutes fly by, and yes I prefer the walking push ups more too :)

Is anyone else adding in other exercise as well? I am trying to walk three miles a day, as well as three days of a twenty minute strength routine from fitnessblender and possibly a HIIT workout on the other three days as well.

Is everyone up for putting up their measurements and a before and after photo for some inspiration and to pat us all on the back afterwards? Just to let you all know I won't be weighing myself. Instead I am going by clothes and the tape measure, but when I weighed myself a couple of months ago I was 10 st 9 at 5 ft 4.
    My stats as recorded when I started the shred on 26th Feb are:

Clothes size: 12/14 (UK)
    Waist (narrowest part): 29 1/2 inches
    Hips (widest part): 40 1/2
    Hip bone: 40
    Thigh (very top): 24 1/2
    Around stomach at belly button: 39
    Upper arm: 12 1/2

I also have a pair of size 10 trousers which are made from non-stretchy fabric (£5 from Primark!) as a target, and the gap between the button and the buttonhole with my gut in the way was: 5 inches. I also took a before photo, and will take one the morning after the shred is finished.

Good luck everyone! Jillian is a beast, but she does get you working! :D