Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating at work ( retirement home)

I always have such a hard time eating too much at work, butter tarts, lemon squares, ice-cream, left overs from meals served 3 times a day... it's endless. Sure there are healthier choices available .... I could have enough will power to manage a week without all the high cal foods but it's so hard to resist the peer pressure from the candy pushing good intending little old ladies.... they always know when I'm "off" my diet!!!! help me out guys :)

Need help with willpower

Replies

• WampBreh
    WampBreh Posts: 15
    I don't see the problem. How else are you meant to distract yourself from the angel of death stalking the corridors?
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Log everything - it's hard to make excuses when you see how many calories there are in all the little snacks. I had a similar problem with eating toddler leftovers! Perhaps you can allow yourself one treat a day, such a a biscuit with your tea, or a square of slice with lunch, or encourage the candy pushers to try some healthier treats. I volunteer in a tea room at a nursing home and we've had success with replacing cake with Special K bars!
  • mklassy123
    mklassy123 Posts: 153
    I agree about the logging, it really does make a difference. Once you start to see how many calories your are consuming with mindless eating and picking at leftovers you will think twice about what you eat. Allow yourself a treat so you don't feel deprived.