Ladies/gents - Am I eating enough/correctly for muscle gain?

Options
Hey folks! So I wondered if any lassies (and dudes as well!) who lift would take a quick look at my diary and tell me if I'm on track? At the end of last year/start of this year I was in a deficit (about 300-400 cals a day) to try and shed a few pounds, but found that my body shape wasn't really progressing the way I wanted. So I started upping my intake and I've been lifting heavy for a good few weeks now to try and gain some muscle. I'm noticing differences in my body shape already which is great but I just want to make sure that I'm eating enough/eating the right things to maximise my results. If anyone could help out/offer advice then that would be amazing!!! :D

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Your macro goals look fine to me, so as long as you are eating in a surplus you are doing fine
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    A quick look says yes, your fine. Lift heavy in a progressive fashion and results will come.
  • docbrox87
    docbrox87 Posts: 50
    Options
    awesome! Thanks for the feedback folks :) How rapidly should I be increasing the weight that I'm lifting? Just when it feels like it's too manageable?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    your weight increase on your lifts is defined by your program.

I do SL 5x5 so I increase each of my lifts by 5lb each workout (as long as I didn't fail) and 10lb on my deadlift.

I sometimes only go up 3.5lbs now as they are getting heavy...like my Bench Press I succeed at 115 but didn't go to 120 this last time I went to 118.5 ...next time I will go to 120.