"The thick plus sized girl"

Options
Ok, so tonight the love of my life goes and calls me plus sized :mad: I know when I hear that term it makes me want to shout and work my tail end off at the gym even more!! I'm sick of being called thick, plus sized or anything in between so from now on I strive to get to where I want to be and finally be called "fit and sexy":drinker: !!! I know my man was trying to be nice and he does like thicker girls but I don't want people to just be nice to me about my weight. I want them to compliment on how good I look. Who's with me :smile:

Replies

• meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    so with you!!
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So with you!! We'll get there, soon. One step at a time
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know people judge me because of my appearance. I'm with ya!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I do not like people to "complain" to me about my weight but to be sincerely kindly honest ! hahah I have worked hard to get where I am and I have a bit more. I have always been eye candy for men that liked "thick" or curvy girls. I do not like the term plus sized and the media has completely jacked up that idea for women. You need to be healthy, this includes eating well, and moving more. You may never be small but you could make a huge difference in your health AND in your size. I am currently a size 12 and curvy. The goal is a curvy 8ish. But I started at an 18, almost 20. It is do-able! You are a pretty girl and I am sure you are being hard on yourself. Just get to it, AND make it FUN! :-D
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    I had someone call me "THICK" before! I was mortified even though they claimed it was a compliment! :P
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have been called fat a lot. Ya know, as negative as is seems, it may be the straw that breaks the camels back to actually push you harder at weight loss. I do it to prove it that I am no longer fat. I don't throw it in peoples faces that they are overweight or obese. If they want to talk about then we will. I will not compliment on a "thick" girl. I do not know if she would take it ok.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Think? I'd smack someone out that called me think! I've only ever used that term to describe a person's intelligence level... (ie: "He's think in the head...") andnever a body shape. Nooooooo, I'm going for curvelicious!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Think? I'd smack someone out that called me think! I've only ever used that term to describe a person's intelligence level... (ie: "He's think in the head...") andnever a body shape. Nooooooo, I'm going for curvelicious!

Dammit, I meant "thick!" I'm trying to multi-task, lmao.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    you mean thick right?
  • IAmDanMarshall
    IAmDanMarshall Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Boy do I hear you. I get the guy equivalent, which is people calling me "big guy", like "hey, big guy, how's it going?"

It's not going all that well now that you just basically said "Hey, fatty, how's your day?"

I can't wait to never be called "big guy" ever again.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I embrace it. Nelly has a song called Thicky Thick Girl. I had a shirt made with that written on it. I'm thick, but my stuff is tight. No jiggle. It's what you do with it that matters.

Wear it well and be proud. If there is something you don't like about yourself, fix it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my favorite is "big boned"...I always hear "you'll never be a size 8, you're to big boned"...really? why are my bones bigger than yours? and why can't i be a size 8? and how do you know how big your bones are?