Insanity... Month 2... yikes!

Options
2»

Replies

• jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely repeating both months! I thought about just repeating month 2 but I hear doing the whole thing over again is better on your body!! And I hear you'll get way more out of month one than you did the first time since you're stronger . I'm super excited I am so confident this program will keep working as long as we stick to it!

I'll have to see how this month goes before I even think about doing this madness again! lol I think you're right about getting more out of month one the second time around! I definitely love the way I feel... have you tried any of his other vids? Wonder how that Focus T25 is? Quick workout... but I'm sure it's brutal!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Just finished my recovery week of Insanity! Day off tomorrow... then starting month 2. I must have been INSANE to start this... "The Shred" was soooooo much easier but I'm loving the results from Insanity. Anyone go from the Shred to Insanity? Not sure how tough month 2 will be... but I'm sticking with it! :smile:

Aaaahhhh month 2....yes!! Congrats on getting this far, month 2 will work you like you never thought was possible :D
  • Happy4Fitness
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am a post-insanity graduate:) I repeated it almost 3 times last year and the last time was August 2013. I said "almost" 3 times because the third time I just could not make it till the end - no motivation, no strength, no joy anymore.
    I saw really great results after the first round but when you do it like 8 months with only small breaks results slow down and you get tired no matter what Shaun T shouts out:)
    Good luck and do not over do!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Ok, so Insanity is over for me (graduated saturday, woot!), and I hate to say it, but I reallly had very minimal results. I may possibly have lost 2lbs the entire time. .5 inches off my waist and .5 off of my hips, everyything else stayed the same. So to me, I still haven't decided if it was worth it. Killed myself everyday, never skippped a day, and gave it my all. I didn't follow the meal plan, but I stuck to around 1600 cals a day, some days a little more.

With that being said, I only have another 6-7lbs to lose. I was fairly (I emphasize fairly, lol) in shape before it began, so that could be why, I don't know. I don't have a lot to lose, so I lost very little. All of my small changes happened in month one. Not really sure where I went wrong.

Anyway; someone above was asking about T25. I just started it yesterday, and I LOVED it. Day one was honestly a cakewalk compared to insanity lol. I had fun doing it, and will likely pair it with something else since the calorie burn is much lower. But it's way easier on my knees :) SO FAR. Lol.

So yea, I congratulate you all that had awesome results!! That's wonderful. But I wasn't one of them :(. But keep going. Once you're in it, you're in it!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Yes, definitely repeating both months! I thought about just repeating month 2 but I hear doing the whole thing over again is better on your body!! And I hear you'll get way more out of month one than you did the first time since you're stronger . I'm super excited I am so confident this program will keep working as long as we stick to it!

I'll have to see how this month goes before I even think about doing this madness again! lol I think you're right about getting more out of month one the second time around! I definitely love the way I feel... have you tried any of his other vids? Wonder how that Focus T25 is? Quick workout... but I'm sure it's brutal!

I'm on day 9 of T25 - get in, get your workout crushed, and get on with your day. You don't get the rest breaks like with Insanity. And yes...BRUTAL! :) But amazing so far. Today was Total Body Circuit, I burned 388 cals in 36 minutes or so (HRM count, not estimate).

Edit: I don't just stop after the workout, I do the cool down and stretch a bit extra, hence the longer than 25 mintues :)
  • jojospero
    Options

Ok, so Insanity is over for me (graduated saturday, woot!), and I hate to say it, but I reallly had very minimal results. I may possibly have lost 2lbs the entire time. .5 inches off my waist and .5 off of my hips, everyything else stayed the same. So to me, I still haven't decided if it was worth it. Killed myself everyday, never skippped a day, and gave it my all. I didn't follow the meal plan, but I stuck to around 1600 cals a day, some days a little more.

With that being said, I only have another 6-7lbs to lose. I was fairly (I emphasize fairly, lol) in shape before it began, so that could be why, I don't know. I don't have a lot to lose, so I lost very little. All of my small changes happened in month one. Not really sure where I went wrong.

Anyway; someone above was asking about T25. I just started it yesterday, and I LOVED it. Day one was honestly a cakewalk compared to insanity lol. I had fun doing it, and will likely pair it with something else since the calorie burn is much lower. But it's way easier on my knees :) SO FAR. Lol.

So yea, I congratulate you all that had awesome results!! That's wonderful. But I wasn't one of them :(. But keep going. Once you're in it, you're in it!!

Congrats to you on completing it! :smile: 25 more days for me! :sad: But I'm hanging in there! I think I may want to try T25 when I'm done... no excuse that you can't fit in 25 minutes to work out! It's probably a different routine everyday... right?
  • jojospero
    Options

I'm on day 9 of T25 - get in, get your workout crushed, and get on with your day. You don't get the rest breaks like with Insanity. And yes...BRUTAL! :) But amazing so far. Today was Total Body Circuit, I burned 388 cals in 36 minutes or so (HRM count, not estimate).

Edit: I don't just stop after the workout, I do the cool down and stretch a bit extra, hence the longer than 25 mintues :)

Thanks for the feedback! Now I really want to try it! So you completed Insanity then? Did you notice some really good results too?
  • sassyjae21
    Options

Congrats to you on completing it! :smile: 25 more days for me! :sad: But I'm hanging in there! I think I may want to try T25 when I'm done... no excuse that you can't fit in 25 minutes to work out! It's probably a different routine everyday... right?

Hey there! 25 days seems like a lot, but don't worry, it will go by really fast! I know it did for me...and i'm glad it's over. It made me really cranky for two months lol. The only issue (well, not the only one lol) I had was with my knees. It pretty much killed them. So really be careful in month two!

Yes, I started T25 Monday and so far i am in love with it. The first day, I was like WOW compared to Insanity, this is a breeze lol. 2nd day (yesterday) was a bit harder, but still doable. And I was drenched in sweat! I love it because it still works you pretty hard, but only for 25 minutes. It's a lot easier to fit into my schedule. I think you will really like it!

Plus, there are modified moves. I typically don't have to do them, but if my knees are acting up on any given day, I can do those instead. I really am enjoying T25 so far.

Congrats on getting this far in Insanity!! You will totally get there in no time at all. I may start the first month over again in a few months, and possibly even fit in some random routines in every so often now that i'm doing T25, just to make sure I still got it. LOL! I'm adding you, hope you don't mind! We can go through the struggle together hehe

ETA: Yes, it's a different work out everyday. And the moves in each work out are different! It's not as repetitive as Insanity. It's almost fun. ALMOST. That being said, I've heard the 2nd and 3rd months are harder so I may be eating those words later lol. But I can do 25 minutes of anything!
  • jojospero
    Options

Hey there! 25 days seems like a lot, but don't worry, it will go by really fast! I know it did for me...and i'm glad it's over. It made me really cranky for two months lol. The only issue (well, not the only one lol) I had was with my knees. It pretty much killed them. So really be careful in month two!

Yes, I started T25 Monday and so far i am in love with it. The first day, I was like WOW compared to Insanity, this is a breeze lol. 2nd day (yesterday) was a bit harder, but still doable. And I was drenched in sweat! I love it because it still works you pretty hard, but only for 25 minutes. It's a lot easier to fit into my schedule. I think you will really like it!

Plus, there are modified moves. I typically don't have to do them, but if my knees are acting up on any given day, I can do those instead. I really am enjoying T25 so far.

Congrats on getting this far in Insanity!! You will totally get there in no time at all. I may start the first month over again in a few months, and possibly even fit in some random routines in every so often now that i'm doing T25, just to make sure I still got it. LOL! I'm adding you, hope you don't mind! We can go through the struggle together hehe

ETA: Yes, it's a different work out everyday. And the moves in each work out are different! It's not as repetitive as Insanity. It's almost fun. ALMOST. That being said, I've heard the 2nd and 3rd months are harder so I may be eating those words later lol. But I can do 25 minutes of anything!

I'm definitely gonna give it a try! You sold me when you called it "fun"... ok... "ALMOST fun!" LOL
  • RoseTears143
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! Now I really want to try it! So you completed Insanity then? Did you notice some really good results too?

Yes I did complete Insanity. :) I noticed GREAT results from doing it. I'ma ctually thinking about doing another round after I complete T25. I'll be doing Gamma (just got my gamma pack yesterday in the mail...WOOT!) and doing both versions of the calendar that came with it, so 4 weeks extra, and then go back to Insanity again.

I was thinking about doing Body Combat, but Insanity might win lol. We shall see!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm an Insanity grad; I loved the program, and every once in a while I have to do a workout from it because I miss it! Congrats for getting to the second month! I remember feeling like, "I've got this!" And then the second month arrived. Total shock, once again....Shaun T. is a great motivator and can really push you to your limits. You'll continue to grow stronger, and increase your endurance like you wouldn't believe. Keep at it! You'll be amazed at what your body will do. Like someone else said, you'll look back at the first month's workouts and think they're easy, as you go along in the program. I also have done T25. I didn't like it as much as Insanity, but it certainly gives you an amazing workout in 25 minutes. It gets the job done, and it's nice to have a modifier for those days when you feel you need to tone it down a bit if you've been working too hard. Good luck with completing the program! You can do it. It makes you feel so good!!
  • jojospero
    Options
    I'm an Insanity grad; I loved the program, and every once in a while I have to do a workout from it because I miss it! Congrats for getting to the second month! I remember feeling like, "I've got this!" And then the second month arrived. Total shock, once again....Shaun T. is a great motivator and can really push you to your limits. You'll continue to grow stronger, and increase your endurance like you wouldn't believe. Keep at it! You'll be amazed at what your body will do. Like someone else said, you'll look back at the first month's workouts and think they're easy, as you go along in the program. I also have done T25. I didn't like it as much as Insanity, but it certainly gives you an amazing workout in 25 minutes. It gets the job done, and it's nice to have a modifier for those days when you feel you need to tone it down a bit if you've been working too hard. Good luck with completing the program! You can do it. It makes you feel so good!!

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes... the second month is a shock! ( just when I was getting used to some of the exercises in the first month!) But... I do feel like my endurance is increasing and I really am feeling more toned. Can't wait to be an Insanity grad like you guys! :glasses:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred in March of last year- lost 11lbs but not a whole lot of inches. Then I moved on to Insanity in April last year- lost 19lbs total and went down 2 pants sizes. It was tough. I never want to do that again, lol. Stick with it!
    I'm now doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Skipped phase 1 though because it was too easy.
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    Just wanted to update everyone: I was wrong when I said I had minimal results from insanity. I honestly didn't lose too many inches, which is what I wanted, but I did get on the scale this morning and yesterday, and I weighed in at 129. When I started I was about 133. So that's 4lbs. May not seem like a lot, but for someone my size, it's a pretty big deal.

Also wanted to update you on T25. Did the Alpha circuit yesterday and either I was really exhausted yesterday, or it was hard as heck LOL. I think it was a bit of both. It was like a mini insanity. It was rougher on my knees too, so from now on, I may do more of the modified movements in that particular workout until my knees get stronger.

I LOVE Shaun T. He seems like such an awesome guy, and he's a great motivator. Would definitely try out T25!!
  • jojospero
    Options
    Just wanted to update everyone: I was wrong when I said I had minimal results from insanity. I honestly didn't lose too many inches, which is what I wanted, but I did get on the scale this morning and yesterday, and I weighed in at 129. When I started I was about 133. So that's 4lbs. May not seem like a lot, but for someone my size, it's a pretty big deal.

Also wanted to update you on T25. Did the Alpha circuit yesterday and either I was really exhausted yesterday, or it was hard as heck LOL. I think it was a bit of both. It was like a mini insanity. It was rougher on my knees too, so from now on, I may do more of the modified movements in that particular workout until my knees get stronger.

I LOVE Shaun T. He seems like such an awesome guy, and he's a great motivator. Would definitely try out T25!!

4 pounds! Nice loss! :smile:
    How many different circuits in T25? I can't wait to do a 25 minute workout instead of an hour! lol (And I was NOT loving Shaun T yesterday... Max Interval Circuit! I will love him tomorrow though...my REST day!)
  • jadejames171
    jadejames171 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im starting Insanity month 2 tonight.....EEEEEEEK! Im very nervous.

I thought the recovery week would be a walk in the park but my god was I wrong :smile:

The guys on here have probably finished insanity by now as this is an older thread - would be good to know your results after month 2?!
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Can you give any link of video for me to follow .. I also want to try Insanity workout :D
  • jadejames171
    jadejames171 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They sell the DVDs on amazon, you may be able to pick up cheap second hand ones on eBay. Otherwise maybe check out YouTube - there may be clips on there :)