Weird fried food of america that you have seen or ate...

Options
JcMey3r
JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
I'm not from the US but have heard of some crazy fried foods e.g. fried twinky.

What kinds of fried foods have you seen or know of?

Replies

• dandaman93
    Options
    Fried coca cola.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Fried coca cola.

damn, how the hell does that work?
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Oh man! We do a lot fried foods don't we?! haha

But its sooooooo good! I stay away but sometimes ... YOU CAN'T ... and SHOULDN'T! HA!

I know when and if I get to go, at the state fair, they do fried beer :drinker: , fried oreos, fried bread like a funnel cake.

And how they fry the beer or coke? They freeze it first and then fry it fast! No joke, its the craziest thing!!!!!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fried koolaid , bubblegum, oreos, Pretty much anything and everything you can put on a stick you will find at the state fair haha
  • dandaman93
    Options
    I've seen it, but I've never had it before. They make some sort of batter out of it and then deep fry it lol.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oreos, and they were nasty
  • Pertinacy
    Pertinacy Posts: 131
    Options
    :sick:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've not been to the US yet but I'm in Scotland and we have deep fried Mars Bars. I tried one once and it was not a pleasant experience :sick:

ixwahe.jpg

We also have deep fried pizzas, known as a pizza crunch, they can actually be quite nice if done properly and not too greasy. Pretty much everything gets deep fried at chip shops here, haggis, king ribs etc

ioqm1z.jpg

^^^ this, because the USA does not have a monopoly on weird fried foods!

never tried deep fried mars bar or deep fried pizza. In Saudi though, a takeaway which called itself "London Fish and Chips" in spite of selling USA style french fries and not proper chip shop chips, was selling deep fried cheesecake. Maybe that was an attempt to seem genuinely British after the french fries. (Have to say though, their battered fish did taste very British though... kudos to them for that...)

ETA: they didn't sell mushy peas either
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Texas State Fair has the most....ummm....creative fried foods every year. Fried Thanksgiving Dinner, fried Cuban sandwiches, fried butter, fried Coke, fried EVERYTHING. The menu changes every year.

http://bigtex.com/food/

Oh, and OP, it's eaten, not ate. Thank you for allowing me to get my inner Grammar Nazi out of my system early for today. :flowerforyou:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing fried butter one year. Hello, heart attack.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Fried snickers....and it was sooooooooooooo yum
  • JessMoTX
    JessMoTX Posts: 74
    Options
    There's a restaurant in New York (I think) that will deep fry whatever you bring in.
    But my favorite is deep fried tacos from Jack in the Box. Sooooo bad for you, but sooo good after a night of drinking!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l7yv5awC6u1qcn3o7o1_500.jpg

Deep Fried Guinness!!!!

There is also a steak place I go to that makes deep fried cheese cake and serves it fresh out the fryer with home made vanilla ice cream in a big glass bowl. Probably d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png calories but is well worth it
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    There's a restaurant in New York (I think) that will deep fry whatever you bring in.
    But my favorite is deep fried tacos from Jack in the Box. Sooooo bad for you, but sooo good after a night of drinking!

Yes they deep fry pizza... and PB&J sandwiches
  • bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of deep fried butter before too. Paula Deen would be in heaven. I dont even know how that appeals. Fried guinness though? That has me intrigued.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat the crazy deep fried foods, but I've seen-

Deep fried butter, deep fried Snickers and every other kind of candy bar, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Oreos, a variety of sandwiches, a lot of restaurants sell deep fried vegetables as an appetizer, like zucchini. I'm sure there are more inventive things too, I haven't been to a fair for a while.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat the crazy deep fried foods, but I've seen-

Deep fried butter, deep fried Snickers and every other kind of candy bar, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Oreos, a variety of sandwiches, a lot of restaurants sell deep fried vegetables as an appetizer, like zucchini. I'm sure there are more inventive things too, I haven't been to a fair for a while.

Fried pickles!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I had a deep fried Mars bar once, I loved it! And deep fried ice cream...deep fried cheesecake...don't know that I'd try those again. Maybe the Mars bar.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fried Lobster; Mac and Cheese; Green Beans
  • islander029
    islander029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fried Oreos should be on everyones bucket list. You have to try it at least once in your life. Be warned however, they can be addicting!!