Weird fried food of america that you have seen or ate...

Options

Replies

• dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I typical dont like weird fried stuff. The county fair has fries cookie dough, fried cheese cake, fried veggies, fried twinkie, fried snickers bar. The kids and hub luv this stuff. LoL
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Every year when the Canadian NAtional Exhibition rolls round in toronto the silly season starts
    Deep Fried Butter
    Deep Fried Coke or Root Beer
    Deep Fried Ice Cream
    Deep Fried PB&J
    Deep Fried Mac and Cheese

and outside the dep fried
    The Krispy Creme Burger - For $8, the doughnut burger comes with American cheddar cheese, tomato and lettuce. An extra $2 will top off your sandwich with a fried egg and bacon.

Oh and Bacon - Candied, Chocolate Coated, Wrapped around anything and everything

If you ate just one of every ridiculous offering on your trip aside from getting sick you'd take in enough calories most years to gain 3-4 pounds in a day (the KK burger alone is 1550 calories)

Usually I have a large Pogo and that's it (though I did have a deep fried mars bar and yep disgusting)

EDIT - and I LOVE LOVE Deep Fried Dill Pickles with a creole dipping sauce the gas station nearest my house sells them (along with killer BBQ)
  • marianneread
    marianneread Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fried ice cream. Freeze a ball of vanilla ice cream until it's really hard, roll it in crushed corn flakes, freeze again. Fry quickly just to make the corn flakes crunchy. Top with chocolate sauce and enjoy.
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    tumblr_l7yv5awC6u1qcn3o7o1_500.jpg

Deep Fried Guinness!!!!

There is also a steak place I go to that makes deep fried cheese cake and serves it fresh out the fryer with home made vanilla ice cream in a big glass bowl. Probably d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png calories but is well worth it

Deep Fried Guinness?! I think I am in love.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Deep fried cheeseburgers with donuts for the bun..... Surprisingly tasty!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Calf fries (NOT what you think it is).
    Rocky mountain oysters.
    Alligator nuggets.
    Lobster dogs (hotdogs made with lobster instead of pork or beef)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Fried Oreos should be on everyones bucket list. You have to try it at least once in your life. Be warned however, they can be addicting!!

Oh no! Oreos are already revolting without frying the buggers lol.
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Below is an actual Facebook post from my sister, who hosted a "Fried Food Party" on Sunday night... I didn't get invited. At first, I was a little offended, but now I'm grateful that they saved me the inevitable heart attack... lawdy, I could almost feel my arteries clogging reading the post...

"Had a GREAT time tonight with friends and family, doing what we do - cooking and eating! This time it was fried foods. You name it, we fried it. From chicken and fish to hot dogs, bacon and corn dogs, from broccoli and cauliflower to Brussels sprouts and pickles, mushrooms, bread dough (elephant ears) and bloomin' onions... we even fried snickers bars, twinkies and ho-ho's ... Those didn't turn out quite as we had planned LOL"
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Heres a list f 75 weird fried foods haha including scorpions?... gross

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/sns-viral-fried-pictures,0,1511251.photogallery
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fried ice cream. Freeze a ball of vanilla ice cream until it's really hard, roll it in crushed corn flakes, freeze again. Fry quickly just to make the corn flakes crunchy. Top with chocolate sauce and enjoy.

oh my gosh :tongue:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat the crazy deep fried foods, but I've seen-

Deep fried butter, deep fried Snickers and every other kind of candy bar, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Oreos, a variety of sandwiches, a lot of restaurants sell deep fried vegetables as an appetizer, like zucchini. I'm sure there are more inventive things too, I haven't been to a fair for a while.

Fried pickles!

I LOVE fried pickles!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    There's a restaurant in New York (I think) that will deep fry whatever you bring in.
    But my favorite is deep fried tacos from Jack in the Box. Sooooo bad for you, but sooo good after a night of drinking!

I saw this restaurant on Food Network. Can't recall the name, but if you bring it, they'll fry it!
    I am not big on fried food, but fried pickles was pretty awesome.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Texas State Fair has the most....ummm....creative fried foods every year. Fried Thanksgiving Dinner, fried Cuban sandwiches, fried butter, fried Coke, fried EVERYTHING. The menu changes every year.

http://bigtex.com/food/

Oh, and OP, it's eaten, not ate. Thank you for allowing me to get my inner Grammar Nazi out of my system early for today. :flowerforyou:
    yes come to the Texas State Fair! Fried Oreos are the bomb.com!!!
    it truely is like crack!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    a hot dog,

stuffed in a pickle,

covered with corn dog batter

deep fried,

on a stick.

Hello Houston Rodeo!
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I remember me and 2 friends shared a fried mars bar once. It was lovely but couldnt eat more than the 1/3 I had.

Would love to try some more fried stuff but dont think my gallbladder would appreciate it :(
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised I didn't see it as I skimmed over the posts here, but there are a couple of places near me that sell "Corn dodgers" which is basically fried corn, I'm not sure if it begins as creamed corn frozen into balls or what...but it's a little ball of fried batter and inside there's maybe like eight kernels of hot corn and some creamy substance. It sounds like exactly the sort of thing I'd HATE but it is delicious. Surprisingly I rarely get these though...probably because they're sold in dive billiard bars and the nasty chicken restaurant down the street...
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had deep fried oreos once. They were so crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Sprinkled with powdered sugar. So good.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Deep fried mac & cheese...yeah I made that up.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat the crazy deep fried foods, but I've seen-

Deep fried butter, deep fried Snickers and every other kind of candy bar, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Oreos, a variety of sandwiches, a lot of restaurants sell deep fried vegetables as an appetizer, like zucchini. I'm sure there are more inventive things too, I haven't been to a fair for a while.

I've seen, and have tried, most of those. I will add deep fried butter... you didn't read that wrong... butter (sigh). Corn dogs rolled in Fruity Pebbles, deep fried bubblegum (tasted like gum that had already been chewed.... GROSS!) Etc etc etc.

I volunteer for 4H and spend a lot of time at our county fair, so I've seen all of it pretty much.
  • Wolfeaj19
    Wolfeaj19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Two Words - Hot Pocket