Motivation and friends

Options
I'm starting over on losing weight and hope to lose about 15 pounds by summer. Lots of friends on this site is helpful, so please add me and we can motivate each other to achieve our goals :-).

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    15 pounds....that is a realistic goal....you can do it!
  • GarryA1987
    GarryA1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    With will power, inspiration and motivation from here... you will be fine... I have 26lbs to drop before June 5th... my first weigh in is tomorrow :sad:
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think it's a reasonable goal! I gained weight after a move and new job (and becoming sedentary, lol). I've struggled with my weight my whole life, but I hope this is the last time :).
  • marapalumbo
    Options
    You can do it! Weigh in is tomorrow? I look forward to cheering on your loss!
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you'll do it!! i have another 20 by august, i know i will do it!
  • marapalumbo
    Options
    20 pounds! You can do it! August is a long way away still :).
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 120 pounds and have about 20 to go. Anyone can add me as well. I love the mutual support in the MFP community!
  • marapalumbo
    Options
    Congratulations on the huge weight loss!
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on it. I have 35 to go. I'll probably do more, but we'll see. Anyone here can feel free to add me as well.
  • maddogxlt
    Options
    Hey marapalumbo, theseus82, & luvclay10 Great job on the work so far! :smile:

I started changing my life back in Oct 2013 at my peak of 267 lbs. I am a 5'11'' 30 year old male and as of this morning I am down to 223 lb! That's 43 lbs!

I work out three times a week, and eat a low-carbish diet. Where I have drastically reduced my intake of bread, pasta, and sugar. My main sources of carbs are fruits, sweet potatoes, and oats.

I am also eating Vegetarian for Lent so that makes it more fun! Good Luck to you all

59177068.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!!
    your daughter is adorable.

It will be the last time, because you won't quit.

You quit and you're only quitting yourself. No more.
  • Rogue_228
    Rogue_228 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You got this! This is a great site for support. Anyone can add me as well!
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think you can do just fine. I'm trying to lose 15lbs by summer. Feel free to add me. Good luck! Cheers :drinker:
  • elissa71710
    elissa71710 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it! 15 pounds by Summer seems totally reasonable. Good luck!! :) Feel free to add me for support.
  • strykerbabe
    strykerbabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also new and just want to lose 5 pounds at a time (of course my goal is 60lbs)!! I say that because I have completely changed my eating habits, I make mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes, just one example, and for months I have been eating clean and not a single pound lost, I need help too, motivation and recipe ideas!! Looking forward to the journey with everyone here! :happy:
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a really good goal! Feel free to add me everyone :)
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm looking to lose 30 lbs by summer (which is unrealistic goal so I'd be happy with 15-20.)

Anyone feel free to add me! I love motivation between friends! The more the merrier! :)
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Set out an exercise routine, as you go along, log everything on MFP. With time, it becomes 2nd nature.
  • Definitely doable! Added you up lovely xx