I've stopped snoring

Options
Bezron
Bezron Posts: 4 Member
I've always had complaints about my shocking snoring, but now I'm no longer technically overweight apparently I've stopped. An added bonus of the weight loss!

Replies

• MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband snores terribly and he didn't when we were first married when he was about 70 lbs lighter. I'm glad for you that you've lost enough to stop snoring, your significant other will be very happy! ;) Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    that's a good sign
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!

my husband snored so rarely for 14 years that when he did i thought it was "cute."

now since over a year ago it seems like he is snoring more and more often. I tried to explain it's probably weight gain but he says he's not "fat." I think he means he's not "obese."

Your story is PROOF that weight gain can cause snoring.

I'm so happy for you.
  • shann1979
    shann1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on stopping snoring! I hope to get there one day myself, i recently had to get a sleep apnea machine because my snoring is so bad i stop breathing. Didnt have this problem 100lbs ago :frown:
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    That's great,

I'm still in the overweight category but no longer obese (I also quit drinking a while back a factor previously) Apparently I rarely snore if ever, though I've heard the neighbours could hear me previously :noway:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV right there! :) Keep up the great work.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was so happy when I stopped snoring (at least so much more than normal). Leads to better sleep, I am more well rested, and less embarrassed! Congrats!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had the tonsils out because of sleep apnea, which was only discovered when my wife-to-be moved in and had to bear my midnight bouts of not breathing. I've lost almost 80 pounds since then, so I'd imagine it would have been at least reduced had I not been that much overweight.

Mark
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is great! Apnea contributes to so many health problems. I've been getting much better sleep since my snoring went away with the weight loss.
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!! Gives me hope that I might quit snoring and give my hubby some peace as I lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!