When can you see differences?

Options
Hi,

I have lost in 5 weeks 11.9 pounds.

Thank you all for the round of applause!!!

My question is at what point can you see differences in your face, chin or other places?

I cant seem to notice them.

Or maybe the are not occurring at all.

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose. If you had 30lbs, you'd easily see that 11lbs lost, but when like me you're trying to lose 100+, I'm down 22lbs and can't really tell yet. But my clothes fit differently, take your measurements as well because it helps when you can't visually see a differences, I also recommend taking some before pictures and progress pictures, that way you'll have something to compare to as well if you can't tell if there's a difference or not yet. I think it takes our minds longer to catch up to us being smaller so we still see ourselves mostly the same.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I wasnt clapping....
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to notice the differences is to take pictures. I don't see it because I look at myself every day in the mirror, but when I take a photo (in same clothes against the same wall) and look back 30 days. I could really see that my stomach and butt looked smaller.

At this point I've lost about 13# since Christmas - and others are starting to notice too. That helps. But the best way to see it yourself is photo comparison and clothing fit. The loss is so gradual day to day - you just don't see it otherwise.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It's hard to see changes in the mirror; take progress pictures every month or so. That way, you can somewhat more objectively compare the photos and see the small differences. And sometimes it takes longer than you expect to see the difference in the places you want. I think I was down about 30lbs before I truly started noticing some bigger changes (and that's about when other people noticed too). And strangely, everyone has been telling me that I'm looking great, but I haven't lost much recently...
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    As said depends on what you need to lose, it's also a little gradual so you may not notice the same way another would. I noticed it in my face first but at 22.4 pounds down from January first i can see it all over (Flatter Stomach, in my face, loose jeans that were tight, unwearable jeans now wearable...) 30 pounds to go
    OTOH My wife had/has a longer road to go . She's down about the same and it shows less (though i do see it in her face and in her skin) but she still has 85-90 to go.
    So keep on going and if you want to confirm change take measurements
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wasnt clapping....

I know you where, deep down in your heart XD

But yeah, I will use some old pictures I got from before I started and start taking pictures
  • kalch
    kalch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Depending on your starting point, it's usually "feel 5 see 10". I'm sure you're feeling better, and clothes fitting better, but when you lose weight its ALL OVER your body, including places like your ankles, wrists, etc. so to see something it has to be all over.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can usually tell if I have been building muscle; because my clothes will fit differently. You can't always see the changes... My children tell me all the time that they can see my body changing... although I still have moments when I am like "hit the gym, hit it harder...where are my results"... but then again I used to weigh 280lbs... so it's hard for me to see myself has anything other than a large woman, sometimes.

Take lots of pics... take a weekly one if needed... same pose, some clothes... etc ... the changes will come.

Stay consistent!! I think you'll see the changes in NO TIME!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If you are working out consistently you should see noticeable differences in 3 months time. Best of luck to you.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    8 weeks is usually my magic number… no matter what fitness program I start on, I usually start seeing results around the 8 week mark...
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Also depends a lot on you, some people lose belly fat at a greater rate than their face changing, basically until its all gone you could be waiting on one thing to change!
  • lwestling79
    Options
    Me personally, I feel 5 and other people notice around the 10-12 mark range,