Was told to wait a few weeks before I start working out.

Options
Since I am in the process of beginning to eat clean and lose 50+ pounds by this time next year, I was told something very interesting and i'm not sure how true it is.
I was told that I should not start working out hard core (Like T25) for a least 3 weeks until my body was use to the clean eating as well as the calorie deficienty I will be creating. Walking is ok, but hard core stuff should wait until at least 3 weeks.

Has anyone ever heard this? I guess it makes sense for me, since I tend to be hungier all day after a good work out and it tends to lead me to binge though.

Replies

• acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, when I started. I couldn't even jog. So all I did was walk, for like 2 weeks, then I started jogging some bits and walking the rest. Now I can jog more.

But yeah, if you are overweight you should start with slow paced exercise, and then move up the pace little by little.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    The only reason not to work out would be if a Dr. said you shouldn't, you are sick or you have an injury. Even with injuries you can sometimes still work out but you just have to be careful.

In my opinion, you are getting some bad advice. You just need to get a clear picture of why you are working out and stop letting food control you into a binge. After you work out have a healthy post workout meal to replenish yourself. Something high in protein, fiber, and health fat to help curb your appetite.

Also, I was working out when I had 100+ lbs to lose, so 50lbs shouldn't be stopping you.