Sides for Lasagna

Options
ils_1231
ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
Hey all - I have a weekly dinner group with friends, which rotates, and this coming Sunday is my turn. One of the girls is vegetarian so I've decided to do a white, spinach lasagna. I know it's going to be a pretty heavy meal with the lasagna so I was wondering if anyone has any sides in mind :)

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I usually have mashed potatoes and either beans or peas or some green legume.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Salad and garlic bread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    To me the beauty of lasagna is it is essentially a meal all on its own. I agree salad and garlic bread are all that is needed.
  • snappyapples
    Options
    I always have a nice salad with lasgana. Greens, nuts, avocado, cucumbet, peppers... YUM!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Soup or salad would work well. Roasted asparagus would be great and it is in season.
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually do a cucumber salad with a bit of lemon juice, olive oil, salt pepper. Oh and can't forget the garlic bread!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Salad. Definitely salad.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I usually have mashed potatoes and either beans or peas or some green legume.

mashed potatoes and lasagne? Wow, that's a heavy old meal right there!
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    A salad and maybe some green beans.

Can I have your lasagna recipe??
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Diced Tomato and cucumbers soaked in apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar, whichever is your preference. I love that.
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    personally, i consider lasagna a perfect, self-contained unit of food, so i'd just give everyone a big enough hunk to keep them busy for thirty minutes. but if i *had* to have a side i would mix up argula or raddachio with other greens, red onion sliced thin (soak for ten minutes in water and squeeze to take away the burn), a little shaved parm and a balsamic vinegarette. the bitter greens and onion will make the lasagna taste even more intensely rich.

have fun!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Salad and garlic bread.

Yup... or I will steam green beans or broccoli and/or Cauliflower.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    More lasagna. :P
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A smaller slice of lasagna.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    eggplant, polenta, mushrooms, grilled zuchinni, and quinoa. Just a few items that could pass as a side.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Salad is a must with Lasagna I find. Something fresh to balance the heavy :) Enjoy!
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    In for the salad and (small amount of) garlic bread to mop up all the lasagne.

Buon gusto!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    A nice salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta and olive oil and vinegar... Drool
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I have a weekly dinner group with friends, which rotates, and this coming Sunday is my turn. One of the girls is vegetarian so I've decided to do a white, spinach lasagna. I know it's going to be a pretty heavy meal with the lasagna so I was wondering if anyone has any sides in mind :)

Baked squash, especially Japanese pumpkin, really nice seasoned with olive oil and fresh herb, baked for about 30 minutes or until tender.