Few weeks until 3 months complete on Phentermine 30 mg!

Options
Hello all! Looking to see where everyone is at that has taken phentermine 30 mg and where your weight status is? I have about 3 weeks or so left and have lost 24 pounds. Still have my ways to go but also on progesterone for my low hormone levels and that should also aid in the weight loss too. What's the biggest changes you have noticed upon starting phen? More energy? Smaller portions? Cut cravings? Want to applaud everyone who has made the change from stopping the pill and continuing their journey!

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You may not get a lot of responses because many disagree with Phen. You have done well. Now keep at it.
  • CBC435
    CBC435 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You may not get a lot of responses because many disagree with Phen. You have done well. Now keep at it.

Thank you. I have seen a lot of users who do use it so hopefully they find this post.
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have thought about taking it but changed my mind. I am 9 weeks into dieting and down 22 pounds... Sounds like you are doing well on it.
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Hello ~

I am on my 5th week of Phentermine 37.5 and have lost 18 lbs.....I will be taking it for just the 3 months as well and going off. It has given me the power to resist the larger portions and log my meals so it becomes habit. By the time 3 months comes - I will be in the habit and body and mind used to eating the smaller portions and better choices which includes more fruits and veggies too....I have 100 more lbs to lose - so I know this will be a long journey and I plan to continue here for life and logging my food even to maintain the weight down the road.

24 lbs is great!!! And now you have kick started your journey too....Don't listen to the negative people - I do not judge - and there are many diets and methods out there that others do and may be frowned upon - to me - as long as you and your Doctor are comfortable and monitoring your stats.....it really doesn't matter. And truly - the reason others get upset and think we are "cheating" - they are just deep down concerned. If I felt funky or it was racing my heart rate, etc...I would stop. The only thing I notice is being thirsty, constipated - I just make sure to get lots of fiber and the fruits and veggies help in that way as well and I have the help that I need to push forward and succeed.

Congrats to you missy!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Cherie' from Walla Walla, WA
  • CBC435
    Options
    I have thought about taking it but changed my mind. I am 9 weeks into dieting and down 22 pounds... Sounds like you are doing well on it.

Nice!! Yes, it took over two years with constant monitoring from TWO doctors to finally put me on phen. It really all depends on your history etc and if your doctor thinks it's worth trying. I used to be able to eat right and exercise forever and lose the weight but my body experienced a drop in progesterone (a drastic one might I add) and that's what has inhibited my weight loss. So, upon me taking hormones, I've been on phen. My eating habits and structure have improved drastically over these 3 months and finally feel like I have a hold on my weight and will be able to continue to eat and exercise right! I think 22 pounds is awesome for you and like I said, unless you have tried everything in the book (like I did) then I would keep doing what you're doing!
  • CBC435
    Options
    Hello ~

I am on my 5th week of Phentermine 37.5 and have lost 18 lbs.....I will be taking it for just the 3 months as well and going off. It has given me the power to resist the larger portions and log my meals so it becomes habit. By the time 3 months comes - I will be in the habit and body and mind used to eating the smaller portions and better choices which includes more fruits and veggies too....I have 100 more lbs to lose - so I know this will be a long journey and I plan to continue here for life and logging my food even to maintain the weight down the road.

24 lbs is great!!! And now you have kick started your journey too....Don't listen to the negative people - I do not judge - and there are many diets and methods out there that others do and may be frowned upon - to me - as long as you and your Doctor are comfortable and monitoring your stats.....it really doesn't matter. And truly - the reason others get upset and think we are "cheating" - they are just deep down concerned. If I felt funky or it was racing my heart rate, etc...I would stop. The only thing I notice is being thirsty, constipated - I just make sure to get lots of fiber and the fruits and veggies help in that way as well and I have the help that I need to push forward and succeed.

Congrats to you missy!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Cherie' from Walla Walla, WA

5 weeks!! That is incredible!! So happy for you too! Yes, the negative "nancy's" are wonderful but again, I would take advice from my doctor any day! Yes, I feel like I can look at food that I used to love and say, you know what that's not in my plan today. And walk away without thinking twice. If I do have a craving, I either pop in a movie or make sure I am headed to the gym or dance studio! OR I do have some of the craving but it is so minimal because luckily, my body rejects bad food now. So, either I want to go and feel like poop all day/night or have a few bites then call it good! I will be interested to see where you are at come 3 months and 100+ is a journey but I'm sure by the end of your phen, you will see you do have control over what you want to eat and do for exercise. The biggest challenge for me in 3 months has been the dramatic appearance changes (as weird as that sounds) but coming to terms with my clothes being a lot "roomier" or my face looking different or down to my neck looking thinner. It really is a psychological journey too and I am always here to help with any struggles or setbacks. I know firsthand that we feel like we are making a huge change and can be "fragile" to what's around us but it's all in our heads. With a positive attitude, you can accomplish anything!! Lots of love and support to you!! xo
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I hope you did not feel I was being negative. That was not my intention. I know someone on Phen and she is doing awesome. I feel each person has to do what is right for them.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you are having success. :drinker: I am not one of those who automatically discounts medications to aid in weight loss, as long as they have been proven safe and effective. I advise that you continue logging even after you have lost the weight you want to. Maintenance is the toughest part!
  • CBC435
    Options
    I am glad that you are having success. :drinker: I am not one of those who automatically discounts medications to aid in weight loss, as long as they have been proven safe and effective. I advise that you continue logging even after you have lost the weight you want to. Maintenance is the toughest part!

Yup that's the plan :) Still have at least another 55 lbs to go after the phen so this site will be my everything still :) Thanks for the support!
  • CBC435
    Options
    I hope you did not feel I was being negative. That was not my intention. I know someone on Phen and she is doing awesome. I feel each person has to do what is right for them.

No, I understood what you were saying but I have met several people on this site that are currently using phen and would hope they find this page to log their success as well.
  • barbaravines
    barbaravines Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and need to lose 25 to 30 pounds. Started Phen today. My sister is taking it and she has done well losing the weight about 4 pounds a month. Hoping with the help of Phen and diet and excersise I can lose and keep it off. Congrats to all that have taken the first step to a healthy weight and lifestyle.
  • CBC435
    Options
    I am 58 and need to lose 25 to 30 pounds. Started Phen today. My sister is taking it and she has done well losing the weight about 4 pounds a month. Hoping with the help of Phen and diet and excersise I can lose and keep it off. Congrats to all that have taken the first step to a healthy weight and lifestyle.

Much luck to you!
  • CHGraf87
    CHGraf87 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 26 and just started Adipex (the brand name for Phen) today. My doctor suggested it to me since I've been in a "rut" so to speak for three years. Two of those years were consumed with surgeries for endometriosis (pcos, fibroids, adhesions, etc etc). I am just about done with my last round of Lupron (pseudomenopausal treatment that was done WITH HRT), and I only gained 4 lbs (which is rather impressive, most people gain far more).

I took my doctor's advice and started the Adipex-P program today. They have me on a STRICT 1000 calarie/20g fat diet for the next TWO MONTHS! Ouch.

Before I had my son, I was the most active person on the planet and 125 lbs on a bad day. I ate well, exercised and did fantastic.

After all the medications (and their glorious side effects) my doctor suggested this to get me going. Once I get on a roll, I should have little to no problems. My MAIN concern is my energy level, which is what the drug is for (happy benefit is that it has an appetite suppressant... which will stop me from munching!).

Should everyone do this? No. Was I all for it? No. This is being done under strict doctor's supervision (I was given lots of literature on meal plans and have to keep a food diary of what time and WHAT I eat. This goes along with the journal I keep for my meds... so I am already used to it.

Could I have done this by myself? Maybe, with a LOT of encouragement that I am not getting from my home environment... but He wants me to lose a certain amount of weight before I go in for fertility treatments in a month (I have a super short window before I need a hysterectomy... baby 2 now or never!)

The Lupron sucks all the life out of me.... in combination with the pain there are days I struggle to get out of bed.

I just started this medicine today (and I am a sensitive person to side effects) and I have more energy than I have had in YEARS. I actually ran around with my son today for the first time (for more than a couple minutes) ever. My only complaints are the dry mouth and my vision is kinda blurry (I bet if I put my glasses on I most likely wouldn't notice that as much).

Long story short, I'm starting it today and would like to follow your progress if that's okay! I was at 192 lbs yesterday (I'm 5'7"), and at the end of it, I would like to see 150 again.. but aiming for at LEAST 10 (if not 15!) lbs by that magical appointment April 15th.
  • CBC435
    Options
    I am 26 and just started Adipex (the brand name for Phen) today. My doctor suggested it to me since I've been in a "rut" so to speak for three years. Two of those years were consumed with surgeries for endometriosis (pcos, fibroids, adhesions, etc etc). I am just about done with my last round of Lupron (pseudomenopausal treatment that was done WITH HRT), and I only gained 4 lbs (which is rather impressive, most people gain far more).

I took my doctor's advice and started the Adipex-P program today. They have me on a STRICT 1000 calarie/20g fat diet for the next TWO MONTHS! Ouch.

Before I had my son, I was the most active person on the planet and 125 lbs on a bad day. I ate well, exercised and did fantastic.

After all the medications (and their glorious side effects) my doctor suggested this to get me going. Once I get on a roll, I should have little to no problems. My MAIN concern is my energy level, which is what the drug is for (happy benefit is that it has an appetite suppressant... which will stop me from munching!).

Should everyone do this? No. Was I all for it? No. This is being done under strict doctor's supervision (I was given lots of literature on meal plans and have to keep a food diary of what time and WHAT I eat. This goes along with the journal I keep for my meds... so I am already used to it.

Could I have done this by myself? Maybe, with a LOT of encouragement that I am not getting from my home environment... but He wants me to lose a certain amount of weight before I go in for fertility treatments in a month (I have a super short window before I need a hysterectomy... baby 2 now or never!)

The Lupron sucks all the life out of me.... in combination with the pain there are days I struggle to get out of bed.

I just started this medicine today (and I am a sensitive person to side effects) and I have more energy than I have had in YEARS. I actually ran around with my son today for the first time (for more than a couple minutes) ever. My only complaints are the dry mouth and my vision is kinda blurry (I bet if I put my glasses on I most likely wouldn't notice that as much).

Long story short, I'm starting it today and would like to follow your progress if that's okay! I was at 192 lbs yesterday (I'm 5'7"), and at the end of it, I would like to see 150 again.. but aiming for at LEAST 10 (if not 15!) lbs by that magical appointment April 15th.

Hi CHGraf87! Wow! Sounds like a lot is going on in your current medical history and lots of changes need to be made. Well, 192 down 10-15 pounds in a month can be attainable for sure. I lost 12 pounds in my first month and gained a couple back while I got the dreaded flu but was quickly off once I felt better and back at the gym. I was instructed to eat between 500-1200 calories a day (YES- she said try 600-700!) but only to see what worked for me. I have noticed when I eat 1100-1300 then I am losing more weight. Crazy, right? Eat more and lose more! The energy boost is awesome and I will say it isn't as strong as it was when I first started but I do get the boost throughout certain times in the day. I am also on compounded hormones (progesterone) due to my very low level and that also is supposed to boost my energy and up my metabolism so sometimes, I'm not sure if I'm feeling the phen or hormones. But that was my reason for being on phen was because my progest. was so low (especially for our age) and needed to kick it back on plus starting some weight loss in the process to help my levels balance out. Eventually, I will be on zero meds when my levels are back and working. Never had a problem losing weight before my personal injury and then the weight came on! I've been a dancer my whole life and working out/dancing is a way of life for me so when people say- just workout and eat right. HA! Yes, I've done that for YEARS and then it STOPPED working! So, with your situation it does sound like there could be more of a medical underlining problem and why the doc put you on phen. Very common for women with PCOS too so I'm glad he did :). You're more than welcome to ask me questions or vent, or cry or whatever you need because no one really knew what was going on with my body! The hunger will curb and the cravings should subside but remember lean protein will keep you full and fed! I'm limited with fruits because of the sugars but still have at least 1 or 2 a day and I eat more veggies than anything. Plus, water is everything with phen! So keep a bottle handy at all times :) Let me know how it goes and keep us posted :) Best of luck! xo
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    Hi All! :happy:
    I'm looking forward to meeting people who aren't so negative about using Phentermine. Some of you remember me from a long winded post on another phentermine topic a couple of days ago, and i'm just happy to feel like I have some control over what I put into my body now.
    If anybody wants to friend me, feel free to do it...i'm glad to know that i'm not the only person in the world that the traditional stuff doesn't work for. I've been taking it for a little over a month and i'm finally under 200 lbs for the first time since 6th grade (let's just say it's been well over 20 years). It's not a quick fix and i'm still freaking starving, but it is about consciously controlling what goes into my body, and tracking every little thing. Good luck everybody! I'd like to find local people for support (don't know how to do THAT!), but i'll take whatever support I can get, lol!!
  • CBC435
    Options
    Hi All! :happy:
    I'm looking forward to meeting people who aren't so negative about using Phentermine. Some of you remember me from a long winded post on another phentermine topic a couple of days ago, and i'm just happy to feel like I have some control over what I put into my body now.
    If anybody wants to friend me, feel free to do it...i'm glad to know that i'm not the only person in the world that the traditional stuff doesn't work for. I've been taking it for a little over a month and i'm finally under 200 lbs for the first time since 6th grade (let's just say it's been well over 20 years). It's not a quick fix and i'm still freaking starving, but it is about consciously controlling what goes into my body, and tracking every little thing. Good luck everybody! I'd like to find local people for support (don't know how to do THAT!), but i'll take whatever support I can get, lol!!

HI kelli_panzera! I think we have a good group thus far and hopefully, no one "crashes" the party :) And big congrats on being under 200lb!! That is great and so glad to see it helping! If you're starving, I would suggest a really filling breakfast with loaded protein. I purchased some protein powder and do half a scoop in a shake blender bottle with unsweetened almond milk. You get about 200-250 calories in but it keeps you full!! Protein always keeps me fuller longer and feel like I "ate Thanksgiving dinner" haha so I'm not snacking or anything. Also, I pop in some sunflower seeds if I have a craving or want to "eat" just to eat and that helps a lot. And like I said above, water...just have to pound it!! Hoping some locals emerge on here too for you! Best wishes and keep us posted!
  • idojpdx
    idojpdx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I found this board after posting on a couple other phen topics on MFP, and I recognize some of you from one or both of them.

I'm on phentermine for the second time in my life. The first was back in the '90s, when it was paired with fenfluramine. I did well, lost about 60 pounds, and kept it off for over a decade. Somehow the drug and low cal diet reset my appetite to low, even once I was off and continued to monitor my intake. I got pregnant at the age of 45, and gained a lot of it back with a more sedentary lifestyle, poor food choices because I was busy with an infant, and aging metabolism. I fiddled around with Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem and just clean eating and exercise, but my appetite was out of control again, and I would lose about 15 pounds and binge it right back.

I've been on phentermine for five weeks, and I'm down 19. I've been doing 1,200 calories a day, and a low-carb, low-fat diet, which is how I lost and maintained before. So far, so good. I'm hoping to lose 50. Some days it's tough to get the full 1,200 calories in because I'm just not hungry. But I don't want my body to shift into starvation mode and slow weight loss, so I force myself.

My doctor has me pairing the phen with the amino acid L-tyrosine. The L-tyrosine is supposed to stretch the effectiveness of the phen another four hours. So it allows you to take the phen in the morning, and not have to take a pill later in the day, which might cause sleeplessness. It seems to work, and some days I can even get by with half of a 37.5mg pill.

Wishing you all good luck on the road ahead, and hope to see more good things from you.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    What time do you take the L-tyrosine? I actually take my Phen late in the day, sometimes 4pm, sometimes as late as 7pm. I tend to eat well during the day, but I snack a lot at night. Taking it late helps me eat a normal sized dinner and not snack after dinner. It doesn't keep me awake so I am okay with it.

I only lost weight the first four weeks. I have been on it six weeks, and have only lost one pound in the past two weeks. Kind of frustrated!
  • idojpdx
    idojpdx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I take the phen at around 10 a.m. and two 650mg L-tyrosine capsules around 4 p.m. My doctor says you can take a lot more of the amino acid, but two works just fine for me. I'm the opposite: I tend to want to eat more during the day, but once I have dinner I'm done. Taking the amino acid in the late afternoon gets me through the last of the hours where I'm most prone to cravings. He also told me that the L-Tyrosine needs to start by about two weeks into the phen prescription, or it doesn't work as well.

I'm sorry you're having some frustration right now. I lost 10 pounds the first week, and have averaged 2 a week since. I tend to lose weight in chunks. I won't lose anything for several days, and then I'll get on the scale one morning and I've dropped 3 or 4. Last week was like that.

I'm really watching the calories and types of food I eat. I use the food diary here religiously. Carbs kill me. They are a trigger food for me, so I've cut them out, just as I did when I lost and maintained in the past. I'm also doing at least 30 minutes of cardio a day + some light weight training, and I'm drinking a lot of water. My doctor suggested about 80 oz./day at my weight. If you don't drink enough water, your body wants to hold on to it. The phen gives me a dry mouth, so water consumption isn't a big issue. The phen REALLY kills my appetite, so it's actually a struggle to get all the calories in some days.

I'm sure you'll get over this little plateau soon. If nothing else, dieting teaches patience. :happy:
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I think I will pick up some of the L-tyrosine, it can't hurt. I am 5'1. I started at 162, and I need to get to 130. My goal is to get to that by May 30.

I just feel like I need to lose faster!!! It is so frustrating.

My doctor gave me some other supplements, but I haven't been taking them. HTP-5, Chromate, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium. She also gives Vitamin B injections, which I don't take either.

The doctor said next month she might give me Phendimetrazine to take with the Phentermine.

I do write down every bite I eat. That does help me from eating junk! I don't want to see it written down so I don't eat it. I have stepped up the exercise. I started doing Zumba twice a week, and I ride my exercise bike. I sure wish I could keep up the weight loss.

That's pretty amazing that you stop eating after dinner! How much weight do you need to lose, idojpdx?

June