How often do you update your goals?

Options
Okay so yesterday I was thinking about changing my goals to lose 2 lbs a week. After clicking I changed my mind and what did I notice, MFP took 30 calories away from me. Not complaining. Just wanted to share. I am assuming that since I am 10 lbs lighter than I was when I made that calorie goals that is why the calories were taken away. Since the less one weighs the less calories they burn in any given day.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Yep that's correct. Every ten lbs MFP will automatically update your goals. Sometimes it's stalled, however, and it takes a couple days for this change to occur. I just update mine every now and then just to see.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on the goals, 4 lbs down today, and yes they took my calories! I don't get as much burn for my normal exercises. Yah to being 4lbs down, but BOO to having to work that much harder.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I change mine after every 2-3lb loss. It usually takes 10 to 20 cals off.
  • eadenny
    Options
    I dont update very often.
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    I update my goals every other week and have noticed it lowers my calories whether I lose 1 pound or half a pound within those two weeks so as I lose weight my calorie goal goes down slightly
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    YEH once i lost 10lbs it did it automatically...i was like noooooo but then i was like..wait...ok..makes sense...but now i just need to indeed work harder and pay more attention...so far so good. keep it up..u can do it.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds a month ago, but I didn't go it to update. Do I need to? I put my measurements in, does that do the update for you?*curious*

Shannon
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I lost ten pounds a month ago, but I didn't go it to update. Do I need to? I put my measurements in, does that do the update for you?*curious*

Shannon

You'll have to go to your goals and re-evaluate for it to change.
  • cat_chick
    Options
    I update mine every week