New to MFP old at the struggle

janetjustjanet
janetjustjanet Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Janet from PA lost 55 pounds at HMR happy to have found this to boost me forward as recordkeeping used to be my biggest struggle. Hopefully this site will be my partner on my journey to better health.

Replies

• Welcome!! I know it has helped me tremendously and using the tools on my iphone and ipad are a huge plus. I can keep track no matter where I am.
  • I loaded it on my Iphone and I am excited that I have a tool that works for me. Love your dogs, they would eat my sheltie and yorkie for a snack.......they still wouldn't be over their calorie intake, lol!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Janet from PA lost 55 pounds at HMR happy to have found this to boost me forward as recordkeeping used to be my biggest struggle. Hopefully this site will be my partner on my journey to better health.

Hello Janet!!! Welcome aboard!! Are you stating here you have already lost 55 pounds?
  • Yes I attend a HMR Weight management program. The first 13 weeks were just shakes, I lost 40 doing that, then it went to shakes and entrees lost 15 more, I came here for the recordkkeping and the daily inspirations from the community. The more food that was introduced the slower the weight loss, so of course I tried to manipulate the program to justify what I wanted to eat. I am here to get and stay honest with myself and surround myself with all the tools I can to insure I protect this loss and keep on loosing I have a loooong way to go at least 100 more pounds. Thanks for asking. Janet
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Yes I attend a HMR Weight management program. The first 13 weeks were just shakes, I lost 40 doing that, then it went to shakes and entrees lost 15 more, I came here for the recordkkeping and the daily inspirations from the community. The more food that was introduced the slower the weight loss, so of course I tried to manipulate the program to justify what I wanted to eat. I am here to get and stay honest with myself and surround myself with all the tools I can to insure I protect this loss and keep on loosing I have a loooong way to go at least 100 more pounds. Thanks for asking. Janet

Congrats on 55 pounds lost!! Keep up the good work! HMR on most of the boards here stand for Heart Rate Monitor.....:-) I could tell you did not mean HRM. When you are able to exercise I recommend you start it if you are not already doing something. Start off small and keep going babe. Have a good weekend!
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Hi Janet!

Congrats on the loss so far! Incredible!

Just get logging all those foods and keep being honest with yourself. This place is an incredible support to me and I couldn't have done so well without the people on here and the motivation.

You can do it!

Wendy xx
  • good luck. I too am 'old at the struggle'. it's not my first rodeo. this time is different for you...you are going to succeed.
This discussion has been closed.