Tall Ladies 160lbs????? I need you!!!

Options
Hi All,

I have been using MFP for over a year now but haven't got into the flow of using it everyday properly. I have lost 30 pounds in 15 months (192lbs to 162lbs) through being realistic and careful about what I eat (I was a massive carb binger and cutting out 80% of the carbs I ate has led to the weight loss)
I have reached a level where I'm not losing that much weight anymore and really need some motivation to keep me logging everything I eat! Would love it especially if tall ladies (I'm 5ft10) could befriend me so I could get some tips and keep the motivation going!!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    5'8" and I'm bulking so I'm around 170- starting april I'll be cutting down- looking to hit 150.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and 177 with a goal weight of 160!
  • eviespenser1
    eviespenser1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too, do you mind if I friend you?
  • TallBetsy
    TallBetsy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm six feet even and I love MFP. It keeps me working out and eating food that's good for me. I used to eat whole pizzas and bread and butter by the handful--never made it to the plate. I use MFP to stay at goal because believe me, I throw on 10 lbs when I travel and don't pay attention to what I'm eating, even when working out daily and walking all day. Because I'm over 50, I think it's even more important to not "wait till tomorrow" to deal with it.
    I have learned some new foods that I absolutely love-crave-adore. One is Kirkland's egg whites from Costco if you belong. If not, then Walmart has similar but Costco is cheapest. I nuke a half container (a cup?) in a bowl and eat it with ketchup because it's so tasty to me and filling, full of protein so it keeps me satisfied longer, and it is low cal.
    My other fave are Lundberg's unsalted brown rice cakes. They are so much tastier than the Quaker brand. Nutty, crunchy and have flavor unlike the standard styrofoam cakes. At 60 cal, they are a nice snack base. Gives me a gluten free crunchy substitute for the bread I used to eat by the loaf.
    Let's us giraffes stick together!!!! Congratulations on your awesome weight loss btw. Now keep up your good work and be healthy every day!!!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm 6' and my goal is to get to, and stay, between 165-175.

I have a two week vacation at the end of May, which is very exciting, but I have a lot of worry about how that is going to work out. All food will be homemade (and delicious and pasta filled, lol) by someone else - no easy way to calorie count that. I can walk for exercise but probably won't bring my DVD's - no real place to do that where I'm staying.

Ahhhhh - it is real life so I guess I'll just deal and do the best I can while still relaxing and enjoying and get back on track when I return. This is what I keep repeating to myself hoping it will sink in, haha.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm 5'11 and 160! Feel free to add me, my diary is viewable to friends and I'm always here to motivate and/or give out any type of advice needed! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    man I feel like a shorty amongst you amazonian women!!! :) hubba hubba!
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and also currently about 160! Also looking to get down to 150, feel free to add me. I have been logging since Jan and in that time I've lost almost 10 lbs (previous to MFP in early Jan I lost about 6 lbs by changing what I was eating and working out). Been kind of lazy about logging lately because I don't actually MIND how I look at 160, so my rush to lose weight is gone... I'm a lot happier with my body than I was 15 lbs ago. But I am still trying to maintain a deficit to lose those last few lbs over the next few months!
  • rayraex
    rayraex Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and got to my goal weight of 160 last October. After a honeymoon in Italy and the holidays, I need to work on losing the last 5-10 pounds again.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love that there are tall women on here. My short friends just don't quite understand (even though i love them to death!)
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'8 (or 5'9 - I never know) and 165lbs - working to get down to 150 for my wedding in July.

Had a few stints with MFP in the past and am only on day 3 of this round but really need to keep to it.
  • kitkatbar972
    Options
    I'm 5'7 or 5'8 and 155.5 lbs. I've only lost two pounds so far (joined in March!) but I hope to lose 20 more by the beginning of May, just in time for shorts weather :) Feel free to add me!
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 - got down from 175 in december to 150 as of yesterday. looking to get down to 140.

feel free to add me :)
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 8, currently in the 220ish range looking to get fit and be about 160-165. I've lost 6 pounds since last week, and am kicking it back into gear with a fitness contest at work. Feel free to add me, if you'd like!

I do LOVE all the tallness around here!!
  • cazattack2
    cazattack2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and 180, aiming for 160! Everyone can feel free to add me too!
  • i_luv_zeebras
    i_luv_zeebras Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. 5'9" and currently 160-ish. Looking to get back to my happy place around 145. Feel free to add!
  • bromandapanda
    Options
    Hey twin! Same goal here (160-165), we can all do this together!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    5'7" so not super tall. I'm almost 155 lbs which is my goal. 1 lbs to go :grumble:
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'10' and about 164ish right now. I'm new to MFP but, coming from Weight Watchers where I've lost 60 pounds since last July.

I'd love to get down to 150-155, but, I'm trying to also track my BF% and get that down as well. Please add me too :smile: