calories... Im so Confused

Options
Ok so say I eat 1600 calories for the day then work out and burn half those calories. Is that good or bad? Im confused cause on days I only eat 1000 calories and complete my entry it tells me that ive ate to few calories and that it isnt good for me. HELP Me Figure This Out Please

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you should consume at least 1200 calories a day (if you burn off some you should eat enough back that you consumed 1200) - this is what your body needs for fuel. If you eat 1600 then exercise to only burn 400. If you eat 1600 and burn off 800 then eat 400 back.
  • bridgettdry
    bridgettdry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is starting to get a little easier and im trying to understand more!
  • Tmccall55
    Tmccall55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    that's always confusing for me too. all i know is that when i keep what i eat to 1200 and exercise, the next morning I'm down a pound or two. I don't try to eat more if my exercise takes me below 1200 net. but on the flip side, if I do have plans for a rich dinner, I exercise a little longer that day for more "wiggle room". is that as clear as mud? I'm trying to workout 3 times a week.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time believing you're burning 800 calories through exercise.