Help Craving something sweet.

Options
All of a sudden I am craving something sweet to eat. I am at work and don't have access to a lot of options. Can someone suggest something relatively good?

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss has "no sugar added" hot chocolate for 60 calories. I'm a fan because it's sweet AND it's chocolate. Two cravings in one. I don't know if you can find that at work though...
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    what do you have access to? Maybe a granola bar from the vending machine, or fruit? Perhaps some coffee with a bit of sugar?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    drink some water!! If still craving sweet " suck on a mint" or sugar free gum

And in the future always make sure you have a little snack with you at work in case you get a uncontrollable craving!!
  • scalpay
    Options
    quaker rice cakes, one has 60 calories. but they have sugar. might be a good thing tho, because i think your bloodsugar is down. (thats when i crave)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you want to avoid actually EATING but still want the sweet taste, I am in love with the new Extra dessert gums. The strawberry shortcake is too sweet for me -- it's good for people who really like the sugary stuff. The key lime is nice and tangy and somehow they even made it taste like graham cracker! But the BEST is the mint chocolate chip ice cream! I absolutely love it. It seriously, completely tastes exactly like the ice cream, and the flavor lasts a really long time.

If you want to actually eat something, though, I find that bananas can really satisfy my sweet tooth. Sometimes. =)

Or a package of the new M & M pretzels is only 150 calories -- not nearly as bad as the other varieties.

Good luck!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh, the Quaker Rice Cakes answer reminded me -- the caramel corn Quakes are delicious. Watch the portion size...
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It may not be the BEST choice....but if you have to have your sweet fix and have limited resources, I'm sure SOMEBODY has a Hershey Kiss or some other small piece of chocolate in their desk this time of the year.
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    go for a fruit
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You should buy and keep with you at all times....Extra Dessert Delights gum. It's sugarfree gum and it comes in 3 different flavors, Strawberry Shortcake, Key Lime Pie, and Mint Chocolate Chip. It actually tastes like having dessert without the guilt. My favorite is the Key Lime Pie. You can buy it in a 3 pack at Walmart for like $2. Each piece is only 5 calories. It really helps me when my sweet tooth kicks in and I feel like I have to have something sweet right away. I pop one stick in my mouth and the feeling goes away and I feel satisfied. *I agree with the above comment about the Strawberry Shortcake, it is really too sweet for me as well....I'd recommend going with the Key Lime or the Mint Chocolate Chip.*
  • Kourtney88
    Kourtney88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really like the Yoplait Light Yogurts. I get the thick and creamy ones because it feels like more of a dessert.
  • BeatnikKeri
    Options
    Peppermint tea has a strange way of making your brain think you are eating something sweet. If you are still craving after a cup of that, then you are most likely hungry. Or even try a piece of fruit!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest plain Greek yogurt with some sugar sprinkled and mixed in, but I reread your post and saw you were at work, so I am going to go with the mint suggestion because that's what I always do. Also, sipping on some tea may help, as well. Just don't break down and go get a Hostess pie out of the machine like I have many times in the past - it will make you feel worse later (physically and mentally)!
  • spoonsil
    Options
    Thanks all, I did the granola bar.