Pita Pit = Healthy Choices?

Options

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    FWIW, their "special sauce" is olive oil, banana pepper juice, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic.

Which part of that is so unhealthy?

Banana pepper juice?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    FWIW, their "special sauce" is olive oil, banana pepper juice, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic.

Which part of that is so unhealthy?

Sounds yummy

We don't have Pita Pit here :angry:
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was able to build my own pita on their website and get detailed nutritional value in under 1 minute. I have never visited their site before.

It's YOUR responsibility to educate yourself on nutritional values of the food you eat.
  • SunshyneTay13
    SunshyneTay13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The restaurant didn't do anything wrong. When we go to KFC or McDonald's they don't tell us every single thing they are doing back behind the counter. They are only required to make the information available whether on brochures or online.... it's YOUR responsibility to stay informed of what you're eating. Take it as a lesson learned.... now you know.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you sound like a nightmare of a customer. It's bad enough that you want then to sauté your veggies instead of consuming them raw, which is obviously healthier for you, but you complained about the liquid you saw coming off of them and then continued to complain that they didn't inform you of how many calories you were consuming by requesting a special order. I downloaded the PDF nutrition guide on my phone because it's my own responsibility to be aware of what my choices entail, not the underpaid employee that's making my pita the way I requested they make it. You wanted your onions sautéed, that's what they did for you. Give them a break, if you're concerned about your diet you should cross fat food off entirely and spend some time preparing your own food the way you want it prepared with the ingredients that work with your diet plan. Furthermore, perhaps you should write an apology letter for being so self centered and inconsiderate to the person that had to deal with you~ or send me the address so I can apologise for you.

Did you search Pita Pit? OP is from July.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Pure fat!!!! that is what they are using to sautee veggies.

Well, what do YOU use to sautee your own veggies? Surely some sort of fat.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Was able to build my own pita on their website and get detailed nutritional value in under 1 minute. Have never visited their site before.

It's YOUR responsibility to educate yourself on nutritional values of the food you eat.

This is why I like Pita Pit so much, SO EASY to find out the nutritional value of exactly what you order.

Unlike my other favourite sandwich shop (I think it is only in NZ) where as soon as you deviate from the standard selection you can no longer be certain the calories are correct. Oh well.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options

ZOMBIE THREADZ!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you sound like a nightmare of a customer. It's bad enough that you want then to sauté your veggies instead of consuming them raw, which is obviously healthier for you, but you complained about the liquid you saw coming off of them and then continued to complain that they didn't inform you of how many calories you were consuming by requesting a special order. I downloaded the PDF nutrition guide on my phone because it's my own responsibility to be aware of what my choices entail, not the underpaid employee that's making my pita the way I requested they make it. You wanted your onions sautéed, that's what they did for you. Give them a break, if you're concerned about your diet you should cross fat food off entirely and spend some time preparing your own food the way you want it prepared with the ingredients that work with your diet plan. Furthermore, perhaps you should write an apology letter for being so self centered and inconsiderate to the person that had to deal with you~ or send me the address so I can apologise for you.

OH NO I WAS FOOLED.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

WHY ARE YOU SPOILING OUR FUN?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    The staff politely informed me that they used their "special sauce" to sautee the veggies. I politely told them that I was counting calories and needed the nutritional value of the sauce. it turns out that for 15ml/1 tbsp, that it is 90 cals and 10 grams of fat. Pure fat!!!! that is what they are using to sautee veggies. Needless to say, I was not happy.

The answer to that question could have been a LOT worse.

Yep, 'special sauce' well we can leave it there. Last year, while losing 22 pounds, I visited the 'PIT' at least once a week over many months. Great options, incredibly polite staff and they even let me sample the pickle juice(not part of a cleanse). Today was the spicy black bean, and yes, it was delicious!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options

My kids have deemed me "the killer of fun" years ago.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So.. I went to subway and they put OIL AND VINEGAR on my Italian sub! WTF. I'm going to complain directly to Michele Obama, since she's partnered with them now...

I mean.. oil is pure freaking fat! So much for healthy.. *pshaw*
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

My mother used to make stir fry with OJ instead of using butter or oil.. I don't know if it was good.. It was eat it or starve growing up and we never wanted to starve.

So.. sautee in OJ??
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    For realz??

Good gawd. I'm so glad I don't work in a service industry like this. If you're that concerned about cals, then don't eat at restaurants. You'd be surprised what many places do to their "healthy" food options. The only way to safely and accurately count cals is to eat what you make for yourself. End of story. There's no need to be completely rude and uptight to people who are doing their job the way that they're paid to do it. Restaurants have systems and specific ways to do things.

I'm sure they'll be looking into mind-reading techniques now so that they can see when someone is coming who is counting calories and wants to know exactly what's in their food before they enter the place. It's up to you to ask before you order or do some research before hand.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

My mother used to make stir fry with OJ instead of using butter or oil.. I don't know if it was good.. It was eat it or starve growing up and we never wanted to starve.

So.. sautee in OJ??

but the sugar in oj will addict and then eventually kill you after poisoning your metabolism
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I went to Pita Pit once - everything seemed to be super high calories. Didn't seem "healthy" to me, but it didn't occur to me to yell at them for it. They had all their nutritional information posted on a giant poster so no one to blame but me for my choices.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

So.. sautee in OJ??

but the sugar in oj will addict and then eventually kill you after poisoning your metabolism

well.. my mother used home made OJ as my grandma had an orange tree. So no sugar added/home squeezed OJ perhaps?
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The veggies are always dry at my Pita Pit. I guess I always get the fresh ones, not the sautéed ones. What did you think they sautéed them in? Water? :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

My kids have deemed me "the killer of fun" years ago.

Lol...I call myself "Mommy no fun." It's well established from the beginning that way. :laugh:

ETA: old thread is old. OP probably rage quit over the amount of FAT in her fast food!!!!