what to eat?

Options
After two weeks on here and a full week of changing my calorie intake nearly everyday along with reading up on everything I can find, I have FINALLY figured out what % of proteins/fats/carbs I should be eating (along with the proper, I hope, amount of calories I need at the moment) but is there a way, an app maybe to tell me what I can eat based on those numbers/percentages? Such as an example meal plan? Or purely trial and error, learn as you go?

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It's not good to obsess about what you "can" or "can't" eat. You can eat anything you want to, just burn more calories than you take in. Simple as that. I've lost weight eating chocolate ( every day), fried chicken, pizza...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's not good to obsess about what you "can" or "can't" eat. You can eat anything you want to, just burn more calories than you take in. Simple as that. I've lost weight eating chocolate ( every day), fried chicken, pizza...

This!^

It's about lifestyle changes for me. I make healthier swaps when I can.

I eat more veggies....I have always liked veggies....but somedays I would go without any. This was really dumb because veggies are low cal & filling. If I'm eating something that is lower cal......then I'm not eating junk.

I eat more protein. Breakfast always includes protein

Fiber - I eat more fiber now. This is easy to do when I eat less processed foods. Whole foods contain fiber (whole grains contain protein too).

Snacks......planned & controlled (my goal)....of course I fall off the wagon now & then. But more good days than bad is still progress.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just make it up as I go… chicken fajita's for dinner tonight fall nicely into my macros.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I try to keep my protein level where it should be, if my carbs or fat are high or low I don't worry about it. I eat what I feel like eating and make sure I have options in the house. Today so far I've eaten poppy seed cake, ice cream, grapes, hummus and raw seed crackers, almond butter and whole wheat bread, hashbrowns and cottage cheese. I know by now that I probably need to eat foods that are mostly protein for the rest of the day, especially if I want a glass of wine later. Today is a weird day, but it's ok. Any day can work.
  • TallBetsy
    TallBetsy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said it's important to not worry too much about "can't's" and instead, make small changes progressively. If you approach this as "how will I eat for the rest of my life?" then you can cut down on some areas where you may indulge too much, and increase areas you might be neglecting-usually the fresh vegetables for most. Little changes add up. It takes time to form new habits to replace old ones. Someone once said, we didn't get here overnight, and we won't get to our goal any faster. Slow and STEADY wins the race! Good luck!!
  • paula5077
    paula5077 Posts: 57
    Options
    TeaBea, I agree! healthy foods for a healthy body... it's not cans or can not's it's should and should not's for me.
  • paula5077
    paula5077 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thank you all so much!