addicted to diet related tv shows!

Options
luca15306
luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
i love diet related tv shows. I literally can't get enough of them.
My faves are 'supersize vs super skinny' and 'secret eaters'
I also love 'fat families' and an american one called 'I used to be fat'
Anyone else watch any others?

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i've never seen or heard of I used to be fat. I'll go look that one up :)

I like watching My 600 lb life

I will watch anything I come across on this particular topic but haven't found many series (i haven't looked either though)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Have you seen freaky eaters? Another good one.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Omg this has become my recent obsession. I'll watch these while working out. I don't want to be on either end of those spectrums (super skinny or super sized). I can't stand the way the host looks at the contestants at the end when he is giving them their results. Seriously its like a "creepy first date guy" lol but other than that I LOOOVE it. What's interesting is some of the "super skinnies" supposedly live on as much as 1700 cals a day, I don't believe that. I never eat 1700 cals (usually 1200-1500 range), exercise 5x a week (sometimes more) and look very healthy so I have no idea how the super skinnies have a bmi of like 15 or 16. Haven't seen the American show you were talking about and I live here in the States so I will have to look that one up :) Friend req
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I can't watch those 600 lb shows anymore. They bring me down.

I'm a Biggest Loser fan. Jillian and Bob get those contestants to deal with their problems like none other. Most of those contestants journeys from apathetic to confident is truly inspiring.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I have watched freaky eaters - I like that show but I can only watch so many episodes... it was a show I binge watched on haha

I do also watch the Biggest Loser. I find there is always a person or two who I can relate to in one way or another.

I get really mad watching My 600 lb life but I still have to watch it.

Ooooh and Extreme Weight Loss - one of my favorites with Chris Powell but I don tknow when that's on or if it still is
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    i love diet related tv shows. I literally can't get enough of them.
    My faves are 'supersize vs super skinny' and 'secret eaters'
    I also love 'fat families' and an American one called 'I used to be fat'
    Anyone else watch any others?
    I've found the BBC one on Youtube, 'supersize vs super skinny' helpful and inspiring... talk about reality! I find it much healthier to watch and far more useful than shows like Biggest Loser. I'll have to check out the others... thanks!
    What's interesting is some of the "super skinnies" supposedly live on as much as 1700 cals a day, I don't believe that.
    What season is this happening??? The only super skinnies I've seen on that show are eating 300-900 a day and the 900 is pretty high for some of the super skinnies. If they were eating 1700 a day I can't see them being so skeletal and even on the show. Perhaps I misunderstood your post?
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    I'm addicted to them too I love Extreme weight loss with Chris Powell
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh wow those are all my favourites
    Secret eaters starts again ..looking forward to it.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Omg this has become my recent obsession. I'll watch these while working out. I don't want to be on either end of those spectrums (super skinny or super sized). I can't stand the way the host looks at the contestants at the end when he is giving them their results. Seriously its like a "creepy first date guy" lol but other than that I LOOOVE it. What's interesting is some of the "super skinnies" supposedly live on as much as 1700 cals a day, I don't believe that. I never eat 1700 cals (usually 1200-1500 range), exercise 5x a week (sometimes more) and look very healthy so I have no idea how the super skinnies have a bmi of like 15 or 16. Haven't seen the American show you were talking about and I live here in the States so I will have to look that one up :) Friend req

I agree! I eat less then a lot of the super skinnies and I certainly do not have a BMI of 17. Lol
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am an one too!! Love Chris Powell Extreme Weightloss shows... 600lbs life... anything really. We used to get some Canadian shows Last 10 lbs bootcamp etc... I can't get enough of them!!!
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am an one too!! Love Chris Powell Extreme Weightloss shows... 600lbs life... anything really. We used to get some Canadian shows Last 10 lbs bootcamp etc... I can't get enough of them!!!

Bulging brides was good too, I don't know if it's on anymore though cause I haven't had cable for a few years
  • luca15306
    Options
    I forgot about bulging brides! will have to get back to that. I used to love the Uk biggest loser too! but its not been on for ages!
    not heard of some of these! will definitely be looking them up :)
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The Last Ten Pounds!

I love weightloss shows - just don't have much TV time anymore. Probably get an hour in each week if that!
  • wijody
    wijody Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL, I watched Chris Powell's show before. The main thing I remember is him crying ;) A lot. I think I only saw one season of that one - maybe I missed a season?

I'm excited - most of these shows I haven't heard of, so I will watch them! I love watching My 600-lb Life and there was another one on Netflix I watched but I can't remember the name of it. And then the different specials like "World's Fattest Man" and "Weight of a Nation" (HBO).
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm the same... if it's about weight loss, I love it. Even my 600lb life. Although I would find it more inspiring if it wasn't all about surgery... because there are people who have started that size and lost all the weight through healthy eating and exercise. .. not saying that bariatric patients don't do those too... but lots of people have done it without the assistance of surgery.

Anyways, off my soapbox. I love weight loss shows. I love Biggest Loser because Jillian Michaels is totally my woman crush and I would KILL to have her screaming in my face for an hour ... I think it would tap into a whole other level of determination. And Dolvett is just too sexy ;)
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love The Biggest Loser. I've just started watching the Australian version which this season is about getting a whole town to lose weight. I find it really motivating

Also love supersize vs superskinny. I watch this on my phone whilst I'm doing my cardio. Fits in really well with the time I spend on the machine
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Secret Eaters blows me away. The amount of self-delusion those people have is amazing.

I saw one episode where this couple repeatedly insisted that they just couldn't lose weight no matter how little they ate, and yet, as soon as the camera crews left they went to a pub (where they didn't know they were being watched), and each had a 2500 calorie meal. Then back home for dinner. And they didn't log the pub at all.

:P
  • weightofgold
    weightofgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump from a fellow addict :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have been watching 600 lb Life and was a fan of Biggest Loser (though I didn't watch it this season).

Hadn't heard of the others, so I will have to look for those to watch!
  • luca15306
    Options
    i think the shows to highlight how eating can spiral out of control, especially when you look at the food available and number of calories in food. If you have no concept of this, i can see how it happens! if only more people logged everything they ate! So brilliant when on secret eaters they say yeah yeah salads and fruit, then it doesn't happen! Their faces when they realise! All good shows tho, so much to learn from all of them :)