Mashed cauliflower

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Come on, you know you love cauliflower... Well, I do, and I found the perfect ingredients for delicious mashed cauliflower. That's my new favorite way of eating it now...

1 cauliflower
45g of cream cheese (I used low fat) - about 2.5 tbsp
salt and pepper

That's it. Boil the cauliflower until tender (I tend to overcook it a bit so it's very easy to mash), drain, add cream cheese, salt and pepper, and mash. It's creamy and delicious... I could have eaten the whole thing (I only ate half, the whole thing is like 250 calories, 16g of protein).

Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I love cauliflower, thanks for not calling it mashed "potatoes". Anyway, I've been seeing a commercial for mashed potatoes using a packet of ranch dressing mix, I think I may try this with that dressing packet next week!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for posting.
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I'm putting that on the menu for tomorrow.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_cauliflower_tater_tots.html

A little better then the skinnytaste site since they are freezer bound for a little, makes them easier to work with, enjoy!
  • PurpleStars73
    Options
    Thanks! I Love cauliflower!!
  • say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! Just had this with turkey meatballs for lunch today! I put garlic powder in mine. Mmmmm gotta love that mashed cauliflower.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thank you for sharing!
  • jebarnes621
    Options
    OMG, I am definitely making the parmesan cauliflower tater tots for dinner this weekend, and making extra to keep in the freezer. They sound amazing!!
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I steam mine (1/2 head), add 1 tbsp. plain 2% greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and a 1/2 tsp. savory, with salt and pepper to taste. Just like potatoes with sour cream! I love it. 170 cals!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Sounds yummy...and thanks for not calling it mashed potatoes(but made from cauliflower) or something like that.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying this. I've been looking for new and interesting side dishes that are low carb for me but that my SO can enjoy as well.