Treadmill desk - flaws in my plan?

Options
Hey everyone! So my husband recently made me a treadmill desk (yep, he's awesome), and it inspired me to embark on a new workout plan.

I plan to run 3mi 3x/week (which I already do), and after I run, walk uphill on a slight incline for 2-3 hours - burning over 1,000 calories each time (according to my heartrate monitor - which says my heartrate is at ~100bpm when I'm walking uphill). I'm only walking at 2.4mph - I can't go much faster and still remain productive on my computer (it's hard to use the mouse at higher speeds). I'm walking on a bit of an uphill incline because it burns more calories and it doesn't affect my productivity.

You'd think this would make me lose ~1lb/week (as long as I don't change my eating habits), right?

Does anybody see any flaws in this plan?

Replies

• nickelpickle
    Options
    Bump?
  • nickelpickle
    Options
    I guess the silence means nobody sees any holes in my plan! :)
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is impressive! I think doing that much exercise is bound to result in some calorie deficit as long as you keep your eating under control, but it seems like you could probably eat A LOT and still lose weight doing that much exercise (you will have to crunch the numbers).
  • nickelpickle
    Options
    Thank you for the input! I'm hoping you're right!!! :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who always thought students should sit on exercise balls instead of chairs at their desks. what a great idea
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    wow! I don't think I could do anything else (other than press the shuffle button on my phone) while treadmilling it... good job multitasking!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I like the idea. I hate sitting down all day. If I had a treadmill desk I would use it as well (not for weight loss but as an excuse to eat more)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not creating too large of a deficit, and not getting burned out, I don't see how it would hurt. If you have a problem with overeating, you should address that, because this treadmill desk probably won't be a long-term solution. That sounded right in my head, I hope that made sense.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You had me at "Treadmill Desk". Good luck!!!
  • nickelpickle
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement! :)

I definitely have a problem with overeating, but it's something I'm learning to combat one day at a time!