Before I _____, I never thought I would _______.

Options
Complete the sentence. Before I _________, I never thought I would _________. For example, Before I started Couch to 5K, I never thought I would enjoy running.

Please don't be crude. :-) Let's encourage each other in our fitness and healthy eating goals! What has this experience taught you about yourself? :-)

Replies

• say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before I started trying to eat healthier, I never thought I would be a good cook.
    Before I started working out regularly, I never thought I would enjoy having sore muscles.

I've been thinking about trying the Couch to 5K but I'm SO not a runner (or jogger). Has it really made you a running convert?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Before I started eating healthier, I never thought I could cut down on the amount of cheese I was eating.

Before I starting walking on a regular basis, I never thought I'd be able to walk five miles at once and think that was light exercise.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Before I found MFP, I never thought I would get this weight off and keep it off...
    Before I started lifting again, I never thought I would ever be able to do chin ups again...

there are a tonne more..trust me.
  • moronicbliss
    moronicbliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before I made this lifestyle change, I never thought I would lose weight.

Sounds so insane but I had so many excuses and so many self-doubts that I truly believed losing weight was completely out of my control. Now, 70 pounds later I realize the error of my previous way of thinking.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Before I started trying to eat healthier, I never thought I would be a good cook.
    Before I started working out regularly, I never thought I would enjoy having sore muscles.

I've been thinking about trying the Couch to 5K but I'm SO not a runner (or jogger). Has it really made you a running convert?

Couch to 5K made me a running convert! I'm on the 10K app now too!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Definitely! I hated running but really wanted to get in shape! Couch to 5K eliminated the "sick feeling" I would get when running. It eased me into it. So long as I don't overdo it, I enjoy running now.