I need help - anyone have a good diet???

Options
Hi
Does anyone have a good diet!!

I have been doing this for over 5 months. I have lost 22 pounds and I can not get anything else off!

I work out everyday - walk run for an hour about 450 cal and I wt train almost everyday for an hour.

I think I am eating to much protein I decided two weeks ago not to eat any carbs

1. morning protein shake,grapefruit,lemon tea,and try to get a greek yogurt down- sometimes 2 oz of turkey
2. lunch- 3 oz of turkey breast or a can of tuna-small salad
3.12 Almonds ,carrots
4.4 oz of grilled chicken - little oil and vinager, mixed veg,cabbage,1/3 red quinoa with veg
5. 1 100 cal ice cream

so what am I doing wrong and I really need a new diet plan I want to lose 20 more pounds by the summer - this is just to slow of a process!!

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming daily?
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Seems like a small amount of calories.. add more variety to your foods and just continue to eat whole foods. As in avoid packaged items with ingredients you can't pronounce.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Its pretty hard to eat too much protein...and you're not. Hang in there!
  • nickpapagorgio
    Options
    I feel real good on Medifast. Used to skip a lot of meals, now eating every 2-3 hrs. Very low cal. which is hard to do without use of their products. Lost weight, feel good and eating like 6 times a day. Easy & convenient for me also. Will transition to healthier eating after I loose a few inches, but will still incorporate a few of their meals in my regular routine.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Of course you're not eating enough and you said you weren't eating any carbs? yeah you are. your protein drink is fruit (carbs) yogurt (carbs). but not my point really. if you want to do low carb cut out the shake and eat protein. you're trying to mix it all up which is more than fine if you wanted a sensible calorie diet but doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for. I wish you good luck
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you are doing now and offer advice to help you move forward.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you are doing now and offer advice to help you move forward.

^this
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You've lost 22 pounds in 5 months. I'm trying really hard, but I can't see the problem. That's a great loss averaging 1 pound per week. Very healthy rate.
  • caffypatricia
    Options
    You may not be eating ENOUGH calories!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    seriously I would be starving if thats all I ate..even without working out.Eat more,I eat that much protein in one meal on lifting days.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Does anyone have a good diet!!

I have been doing this for over 5 months. I have lost 22 pounds and I can not get anything else off!

I work out everyday - walk run for an hour about 450 cal and I wt train almost everyday for an hour.

I think I am eating to much protein I decided two weeks ago not to eat any carbs

1. morning protein shake,grapefruit,lemon tea,and try to get a greek yogurt down- sometimes 2 oz of turkey
    2. lunch- 3 oz of turkey breast or a can of tuna-small salad
    3.12 Almonds ,carrots
    4.4 oz of grilled chicken - little oil and vinager, mixed veg,cabbage,1/3 red quinoa with veg
    5. 1 100 cal ice cream

so what am I doing wrong and I really need a new diet plan I want to lose 20 more pounds by the summer - this is just to slow of a process!!

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Yes it's a slow process, are you looking to lose weight just for summer or for the long run?

Why are you cutting out carbs?

Maybe it's time you switch up your cardio & weight training, try something different, make it challenging every time you workout.