Nutritional Yeast

Options
I'm working on getting my 2 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast in daily. I do not like the taste at all, but know I NEED it. Does anybody else take it? If so how do you consume it? Or if you don't take it any ideas? Thanks so much for your help.

Ashley

Replies

• ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and a lot of recipes in my vegetarian cookbooks call for nutritional yeast. Usually it is added to give recipes a cheese like flavor. if I come across anything specific I can try and post it on here
  • kfass
    kfass Posts: 5
    Options
    We are vegans and use nutritional yeast a lot. We love it. We use it like Parmesan cheese on spaghetti, or on tacos, etc. You can even make mac and cheese with it. Mix it into things. You wont really taste it, but you will get your vitamin B's in. We use Bragg's Nutritional Yeast Seasoning. It has 20 calories in one tablespoon. :)
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I personally love the taste of nutritional yeast, but if you don't, try mixing it into other things. Stir it into sauces and soups, you'll never know it's there. Whisk it into dips and hummus for veggies. If you're making anything with bread crumbs, add the nutritional yeast in with those.
  • mommy2myboy
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions and for taking time to reply!