Couch 2 5k weight loss

Options
I'm about to start c25k has anyone had any good weight losses doing this?

Replies

• Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Curious to know this as well. Currently I am doing the treadmill at the gym due to the crummy weather but looking at starting C25K when the weather gets warmer...hopefully soon!
  • uhohitstaylor
    uhohitstaylor Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I followed c25k all the way through, I was also doing weight watchers at the same time, but I have never been as toned as when I was doing c25k religiously. Lost 55 pounds in just under 7 months. Going to restart c25k when the snow melts here.
  • Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 10k one (training for a specific race) on week 7 and lost 3lbs just from that - I am close to goal so it is coming off sooo slowww lol. Anyway. The intervals help with weight loss I think.
  • ksarm
    ksarm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K and calorie counting and so far (6 weeks in) I've lost 6 lbs.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Doing C25k or any other exercise regimen will Not cause you to lose weight, maintaining a calorie deficit will. You can run or exercise all day and eat more than you are burning and never lose an ounce, However you can sit on your butt and burn more calories than you are eating and lose weight !!! Exercise will get you in shape.. Maintaining a calorie deficit will help you shed pounds !!!
  • Splutters
    Splutters Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been doing C25K for two months. I've had to keep running week four for quite a while because my fitness levels just aren't there yet, but doing it with weights and a diet overhauls I've lost 21lbs.
  • Sunnydale14
    Options
    I've just started the programme, and while I haven't seen a weight loss yet, I feel so much better. I am more awake and energised, and I have that nice level of post-workout muscle soreness where you feel like you've worked.
  • tartansheep
    tartansheep Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5 weeks in. Not noticed a weight change but I have a lot more energy and my legs/stomach are much firmer and more toned.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Doing C25k or any other exercise regimen will Not cause you to lose weight, maintaining a calorie deficit will. You can run or exercise all day and eat more than you are burning and never lose an ounce, However you can sit on your butt and burn more calories than you are eating and lose weight !!! Exercise will get you in shape.. Maintaining a calorie deficit will help you shed pounds !!!

I don't think the question was, "Can I eat like a horse and magically lose weight by doing C25K?". I believe the poster was asking about the impact of doing C25K as their excercise of choice to go along with their diet.
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    While doing C25K I lost maybe 6 pounds (this was before I got strict about tracking my food). I certainly felt better and had more energy, but it didn't do much for weight loss.

After my first 5K I continued running regularly AND started tracking my food intake. I've lost about 25 pounds since that point.

So if you're looking for weight loss, I'd recommend putting most of your effort into tracking your intake.