Want to start weight loss today but out at weekend?

Options
At weekend I won't be having the healthiest of meals as I'm going
To see family. Do you thnk I should start today or start Monday?

Replies

• WampBreh
    WampBreh Posts: 15
    Options
    Start today.

The day before the big meal eat a little bit less than usual. The day after the big meal eat a little bit less than usual. Then on Monday you'll be further along than you would be had you started then.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Why wait to start being who you dream of? :)
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can consider the weekend-family meal as a "treat" or break for doing well from now until then :)
  • GillaMahogany
    Options
    Never too early, or too late, to start you journey toward health!
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Do you thnk I should start today or start Monday?

If you're asking us, then you're not even ready for change.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Should I procrastinate or should I not?
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Even if you wait till Monday, things like this will come up again and it is absolutely fine to enjoy some 'unhealthy' or 'treat' meals from time to time. I'm sure you'll learn quite quickly that it is a balancing game and you can have pretty much anything you want at no damage to your weight loss by finding a way to burn some extra calories to compensate.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I recommend starting today. It might help you have a mindset to make better choices this weekend with your family.

Also, it will help you begin to develop the habit of weighing and logging everything. It can take a while for that to become a habit, but it is worth the effort.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Do you thnk I should start today or start Monday?

If you're asking us, then you're not even ready for change.

Perhaps this.

Think of this as a lifestyle change. Are you going to forgo what you normally do on weekends just because you're losing weight? That doesn't sound sustainable to me. Start healthy habits - eat healthy, use MFP to log EVERYTHING and ALWAYS, be active (if you're not already) and the weight will come off. You'll have some slip ups along the way and treat meals every once in a while and that's ok, but more than that, it's SUSTAINABLE.