Do you use a pressure cooker ?

Options
What do you cook in it ? I'm tired of my crock pot, thought it might be handy to have for a quick dinner. Any thoughts ?

Replies

• Hannaverity
    Options
    Yes! I love my pressure cooker! I've actually used it to cook crockpot recipes quickly.

I use mine most often for dishes based on dry beans (less than an hour, no soaking). "Cooking Under Pressure" is a great cookbook that may give you an idea of what you can do with it.
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it. Take frozen meat, add liquid and 12 minutes later viola!

I'm basic = 1# frozen chicken + jar of salsa. Add rice and a veggie = complete meal! Just nice to know of an easy "fall back" on busy days so you don't HAVE to do take-out, etc.

Check out AllRecipes.com for recipe ideas too!

Thanks for book recommendation! May check that one out too myself from the library :)
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only use my crock pot maybe once or twice a month for pork roast
  • JustSinging
    JustSinging Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes.... anything from beans to roast to chicken..... no better way to make chicken soup than in a preasure cooker :)
  • OldRedHen
    OldRedHen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a pressure cooker that I use to cook beans and chickpeas. I also use it to cook Christmas Pudding (British). Apart from that I don't use it for recipes.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I did a Google search for Pressure cooker recipies and found a lot.
    We have a small one we use for vegetables. The large one we have for canning came with recipies for meat as well.

Twice a week I will cook a batch of chicken and store it for work (as long as the kids don't eat it first)
    Look up Once a month cooking or Batch cooking for some things you can cook ahead and just warm up too.