new to forum member

Options
Hi I am a 33 yr old who got an mri for back problems recently, when I read the paper that stated I was morbidly obese.... I was mad, disappointed, but most of all shocked that I let myself get so overweight, I can blame being a single mom, struggling paying bills, etc, but that didnt change the fact, guess what I need to reprioritize my life, since then I started counting calories lost 10 lbs so far in a month but have a long way to go, I just opened my eyes and realized sweatpants and sweatshirts are most of my clothes... I dont know when I stopped caring, but that me is gone it went w the first 10, my next hurdle I want to strive for is 200 I have 46 more to go , I am gonna do one hour of cardio 3 times a week and stick to this calories counting forever, not a phase, just portion control and better decisions, I need some inspirational friends to help me along the way thanks

Replies

• ladym8204
    ladym8204 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I lived in sweat pants....until my work changed it's dress code to no sweat pants. Hello I had 2 pairs of jeans for emergencies. Good will here i come!! I personally love mfp. Everyone I have met is so supportive. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck, you got this!
  • Lissyleeb
    Lissyleeb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • BettyBlazic
    BettyBlazic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Betty. I am 67 and was up to 203 - my heaviest ever. Two weeks ago I hired a personal trainer to come into my home 2 times a week and with aqua exercise, that garcia stuff from oz might be doing something but using about 100 gms of protein and trying to stay under 1300 calories per day I lost 7 lbs in two weeks!!

I gotta git it off. My email is bblazic@nowreliving.com if you are looking for a encouraging word to help each other loose this.

My husband says portions but it hasn't worked for him so I'll go my way.